I was *not* outed and compromised by JWN!!

by blindnomore 223 Replies latest members private

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is tragic what happened to BlindNoMore.

However, as pointed out this does seem an apples and oranges comparison. It’s not as if anyone on JWN, especially a moderator or administrator, gave the email address out without consent. And even if JWN itself was somehow at fault, it would not make what another group does or fails to do right.

As bad as the other situation is, it was the leadership response that disappointed and saddened me. I went from inspired to crushed--and I’m not alone. I’m not saying this because of any institutional loyalty to JWN.

If anything positive has come from this, it is that it is a small case study in human behaviors that lead to the evils we are all fighting against. It used to be JWN had the occasional JW apologist who could not see the wrongs of their organization or the Governing Body, or minimized those wrongs and spun them away, and now history has repeated itself.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I would like to know this: what is the actual reason why BlindKnowMore blames JWN. I just made a cursory scan through the course of events in their post and I cannot see why the finger would be pointed at JWN? Anyone?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Distraction. It occured the same day the new AAWA SUV STD came up, and the request for information from those who want to join is a bit alarming

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Maybe new members should be asked which song number is selected for opening the given week's service meeting.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Tylinbrando: Maybe new members should be asked which song number is selected for opening the given weeks service meeting.

Right. And if they know, deny them membership!!!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I feel like I read this totally differently than everyone else, based on these parts:

Never once even as this very moment, have I entertain thought of blaming JWN nor its owner, Simon who allowed the thread of Atlantis nor "Atlantis" himself. I was very upset, and still am from being outed through JWN but blamed myself for being less careful. I took FULL RESPONSIBILITY of action that's been resulted in my own finger on the computer.
    I was initially going to shake the dust off my feet and move on from JWN as it become unbearably intolerant. But I feel I owe to JWN. It has been a great resource and aid during my awakenning and afterward.

I took these to mean that, yes, she was outed, but she is NOT blaming JWN or Simon.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Then it was a badly written piece of satire...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blindnomore, you know I love you but I have to say that the problem was with your email address being with Atlantis.

Atlantis was hacked, not JWN. I know- he was trying to relay information without making it public, and he did so via email addresses.
    I would have had the same problem if I wanted downloads of WTS stuff.

I am not that paranoid, but if I were, I could always open a new gmail address just for JW stuff. Same with FB, open an account with a fake identity.

The reason many, such as I, don't open a fake name FB account is because we want our family and friends to know who we are and we want to have just one account. That said, it's taking a chance. I guard against JW's "friending" me so I can be myself, but if I comment, a friend of a friend can see the comment and that person could be a JW.

The thing with AAWA was that many who had not established a fake i.d. were added, then AAWA refused to simply delete the group to save face. You have security problems anywhere you go, but JWN would remove personal information if anyone asked.

Anyway, platonic love to you.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

wow, first cedars, now raypublisher, my favorite ex-jw's are going down the toilet. glad barbara anderson got out. this is all bad enough, but you just make it worse to try to come on here and defend the behavior of aawa, and then to try to in grand watchtower style reverse it and point the finger at jwn just causes me to lose all respect for you.

PLEASE Paul Grundy, PLEASE do not go down this path as well. that would REALLY bum me out.

this is starting to piss me off cause now it seems like aawa wants a war with JWN. this is BS, just stop it and move on, you guys F'd up hard, deal with it like adults.

• besty
    besty
    Some of you went so far as outing 1300+ members list of Secret group of AAWA to the public site such as JWN , it is one thing to add someone to FB without consent it is another thing to outing the entire secret FB group to the public which is maybe a CRIME!

What is The National Enquirer doing for copywriters today? I hear there is a global shortage of capital letters and exclamation points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit