I was *not* outed and compromised by JWN!!

by blindnomore 223 Replies latest members private

• besty
    besty
    Just as Simon "edited" the title of the thread, maybe he will see fit to further edit the OP.

Personally I dont think we need or want that amount of information control on JWN - this is a forum where by and large we the users generate the content.

I view Simons contribution on this topic in a similar way to anyone else - and it so happens he manages the website - I don;t see it as desirable for him to scurry around cleaning topics, although in the case of the highly inaccurate subject line for this topic he is justified in defending his forums' reputation.

• Diest
    Diest

Hacked 7 times....sounds like a key logger. That is a virus that logs your key strokes, and sends the log to another computer. That would make it easy for someone to hack in.

The other option is you didnt change you password questions. PW questions are a big backdoor issue if someone knows answers to questions like, "Where you were born?" or "Your mother's maiden name?", then they could answer those questions and hack your account. Peoeple never consider that dozens of people in their lives could know that info and get into their email.

Honestly you should close that email and open a new one with another service. You should also consider having a professional look at your computer for a key logger.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree with besty: it is important to state the facts even if the original questioner isn't really interested because otherwise, other people may walk away thinking their claims are true because they weren't challenged and it becomes a record that they will refer to in future.

This is something I've tried to convince the AAWA of - removing a comment because you want to question the validity or intent of the originator doesn't mean the question itself may not be valid and shouldn't then be answered for the benefit of onlookers. Many times, answers are for those other readers, not the original questioner. Removing the question though just gives the appearance that the question had merit and the answer needs to be hidden whether that is the reality or not. It's called "Public Relations", not "Department of Facts", because like relationships its all about perception and trust.

His opinion of me is also correct, I hope I am just a.n.other poster who has opinions and will respond to questions and just happen to run the site. I try to keep those things separate so people are as free to disagree with my views as they are with anyone else.

re; the keylogger - that is a distinct possibility or something maybe simpler even: perhaps failing to change the password? The term 'hacked' maybe being used when they really mean 'accessed again'?

Regardless, this is where the real value of two-factor authentication comes in because even with your password, from a keylogger or not, the other person still cannot login to your account.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I am sure Blindnomore is a lovely person...but that has nothing to do with the accusations on this thread. It is not clear what she is saying...and trying to clarify is met with more accusations.

One minute it appears she is saying that JWN is not responsible...the next minute she is accusing people here of things that AAWA actually did and saying we are like the Govening body.

And I still haven't had a response from her about her claim that members of AAWA had their emails hacked and what that has to do with US. And Im guessing now. After asking twice for clarification that she has no intention of clarifying about that. This is the third time I am asking. Lets see if she or AAWA want to clear THAT up. Let alone all the other accusations that have been flung around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit