An open response to Cedars PM yesterday . . .

by zed is dead 98 Replies latest members adult

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

But if u want to join, we want your aliases used on other sites

Granted it is an optional fill in the blank to send them or not. Some people will have no aversion to being transparent and in an attempt to verify their identity and motivation will gladly offer up who they are and where.

I think security issues and why everyone should be concerned has been covered frequently.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

There were over 1000.

zed

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Our name was soiled by our mistakes which we won't admit, so we came up with an alternate excuse to change the name and still use the same letters so that we don't have to throw away the t-shirts.

We would look like conceited boneheads if we said people kept whining, so we say that people raised some concerns about the secrecy of the Facebook site. Without admitting we were wrong about adding the force-added members, and without admitting we really wanted to keep the high number of force-added members, we debated about whether we should acknowledge that we were wrong.

After weeks of you-all not letting up on us, we finally use politically careful words and throw in the word 'apology' in case anyone catches our non-admittance of wrong. We still insist that you were safe in our politically careful words and pretend that we only became concerned that people with bad intentions joined and those that don't believe our claim of safety were 'distressed.' If that doesn't suffice, we also used the word 'humble' so you just gotta believe we mean it.

In time, it is hoped that people who don't know about our initial blunder will join us. The rest of you probably never will join us, but we hope you come around or at least get tired of mentioning us."

John Cedars, NOT MY REAL NAME.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

OTWO,

The almighty f*cking T-shirts were probably why they couldn't take down the Facebook page sooner. Wasn't that the lamest apology you have ever heard?

zed

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

"It is a well-known fact that we see the faults in other's works more readily than we do in our own." -- Pablo Picasso

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway ." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is much easier to be critical than to be correct." --Benjamin Disreli

"Blame is safer than praise." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The resentment that criticism engenders can demoralize employees, family members and friends, and still not correct the situation that has been condemned." -- Dale Carnegie

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do." -- Dale Carnegie

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Tylin,

How many of those quotes apply to Cedars apology?

zed

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

This one.

“It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.”

P.G. Wodehouse

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Interesting selection Ty. Unfortunately, Cedars offered to apologize personally to those outed. Therefore, he is just a damned liar.

zed

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

OnTheWayOut FTW!

Edited to add: I am still saddened that the AWAA squandered a valuable opportunity. Second chances are hard to come by with Watchtower survivors. I have a lot of good stuff I could share with them, too, if they could just get past the anger and arrogance issues.

• flipper
    flipper

Very well written in your initial thread post my friend. Very well expressed. If the nuclear fallout continues for more ex-JWs and faders from this AAWA leaders will have a lot to answer for. A word to the wise, be extremely careful about using Facebook sites or what you say on them or who you allow to be your " friend ". One reason I'm not on Facebook. Call me on the phone. It's more personalized anyway. Those who know me know I love to talk ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit