An open response to Cedars PM yesterday . . .

by zed is dead 98 Replies latest members adult

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

BTTT, just in case Cedars finally wants to reply.

zed

• cedars
    cedars

zed - I'm sorry you feel the need to rake over all this when I've already said that I don't want to discuss AAWA, and have explained my reasons for this.

I wish you well, I apologize once more for any distress caused to you by the outing, and I hope you can find it in yourself to move on and enjoy this forum with me.

Cedars

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Cedars,

I have enjoyed this forum before you arrived, and after you left. I will continue to do so, either with or without your permission.

I saw your original post on Gorby's thread, and refrained from commenting. You seem to love to call other people childish. Well buddy, your response to any criticism was pre-kindergarten! And you had the hubris to post a link to your non- apology.

I loved what another poster said of it earlier in this thread:

"Our name was soiled by our mistakes which we won't admit, so we came up with an alternate excuse to change the name and still use the same letters so that we don't have to throw away the t-shirts.

We would look like conceited boneheads if we said people kept whining, so we say that people raised some concerns about the secrecy of the Facebook site. Without admitting we were wrong about adding the force-added members, and without admitting we really wanted to keep the high number of force-added members, we debated about whether we should acknowledge that we were wrong.

After weeks of you-all not letting up on us, we finally use politically careful words and throw in the word 'apology' in case anyone catches our non-admittance of wrong. We still insist that you were safe in our politically careful words and pretend that we only became concerned that people with bad intentions joined and those that don't believe our claim of safety were 'distressed.' If that doesn't suffice, we also used the word 'humble' so you just gotta believe we mean it.

In time, it is hoped that people who don't know about our initial blunder will join us. The rest of you probably never will join us, but we hope you come around or at least get tired of mentioning us."

John Cedars, NOT MY REAL NAME.

Frankly, I was not a Cedars basher prior to the mishandling of the AAWA rollout. To be quite honest, I am not now either. I saw you come back with an attitude and a huge chip on your shoulder. I refrained from commenting on Gorby's "love bombing" thread. I just see a lack of humility and contrition.

I actually welcome you back. I sincerely hope it not just a publicity campaign for your book rollout. Time will tell.

I have to admit I got a little bit of satisfaction knowing that you are now in the same boat as the people you outed. You were forced out of an organization where people know your real identity. I understand that you do not want to anger them, and prompt them doing to you what they did to so many others. Karma has a way to deal with people like you.

To repeat, less hubris and a big dose of contrition would be nice to see from you. Maybe a real apology here, or on the thread of the man that your ineptitude caused to be outed to his family and his elders.

We are watching

We are seeing

We are doing!

Best of luck in eating some of that ego!

zed

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well said. I wonder what BXBB is doing with the donations it receives and whether it is nonprofit as initially claimed.

• Shador
    Shador

<---- has no honking idea what all this is about, but grabs some popcorn and sits back to watch.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to the Real World, where people have reasonable expectations ... that we receive explanations for past wrongs, and sincere apologies.

t

• bohm
    bohm

Mixing an apology with a bit of sarcasm is always an epic win.

• cofty
    cofty

Like a dog with a bone.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

Well said. I wonder what BXBB is doing with the donations it receives and whether it is nonprofit as initially claimed.

I would recommend anyone who has donated to AAWA who has any concerns over how their money is spent to contact AAWA directly. I suspect that wouldn't include you.

For what it's worth, I am not aware of any misappropriation or abuse of funds while I was with AAWA, and I do not recall seeing a single email from any donor questioning how money was spent or demanding their money back.

Cedars

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

sbf,

This is not our first rodeo. We have seen other egotistical people that soak up adulation here, and have grandiose visons of their importance to the ex-JW world. It was nice to see the self purported ambassador for all of us to deal with some of the consequences of his actions.

Unfortunately, ego and ambition clouded his viewpoint, and his self-importance. I hope that is not still a problem, but I haven't seen evidence of it yet. I hope Cedars proves me wrong.

No one deserves more respect or reverence than anyone else. There are no elders here!

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit