An open response to Cedars PM yesterday . . .

by zed is dead 98 Replies latest members adult

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Eden,

Like I said, I have let it go on a personal level.

I at this point just think he is an egotistical jerk.

I hope Cedars can look in the mirror and see what his arrogance did to others.

I will repeat: THERE IS NOTHING AN EX-JW CAN DO THAT IS WORSE THAN OUTING ANOTHER EX-JW!!!

You have to live with that Cedars!

zed

• cofty
    cofty
    I am fighting for all ex-JWs that were hurt by this man.

Get over yourself.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Zed: relax.

I can think of several worse things an ex can do to another ex. How about a drive by shooting, poisoning their kid, unauthorized gender reassignment surgery, etc., etc.

• talesin
    talesin

Mixing an apology with a bit of sarcasm is always an epic win.

Bohm,,, hey, we agree! Let's celebrate! :P

tal

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

cofty,

Pot calling kettle black. Get over your pretentious self. What a bag of pompous ass!

zed

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Zed, I think Eden's advice may be well placed: to allow it to play out and time will tell. Cedars' use of the passive voice reminds me of that book sometimes recommended on this site: Mistakes Were Made (But not by me). He still genuinely seems to feel he is somehow the victim in all of this. He doesn't seem to understand that it was not the original Facebook error that he needed to apologise for, but for his response to it and the way he personally treated those affected. But if he can't see that by now then I think there's little chance he will ever see it. Trust people to draw their own conclusions about the whole affair.

I wonder how much we know about this Richard E Kelly who is apparently in control of BXBB now. In fact he was probably always in control it's just that Cedars didn't realise until recently that his fake name conferred fake authority only. That's the most likely flash point from what we know. Whoever Kelly is I think it would be good if he let people know what he plans to do with the personal information and money his organisation has gathered.

It's interesting that Cedars said he agreed with other BXBB members not to participate in JWN any more, because his departure certainly appeared spontaneous and in the heat of the moment at the time. Plus Paul Grundy has never stopped posting on JWN, so was he not part of the BXBB agreement to boycott JWN?

• cofty
    cofty
    Pot calling kettle black. Get over your pretentious self. What a bag of pompous ass! - Angry Zed :(

Please don't mix your metaphors.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anyone concerned about the charitable status of an oganization should know that they can report their concerns to the Internal Revenue Service and other agencies of the US government.

Spend a bit of time and collect as much information as you can concerning the location of the "charity" and the names of as many officers of the charity as you can collect. Be sure to include the names and aliases of any former officers of the "charity" also.

• Keep careful records of all your donations so you can identify fraudulent scams that claim you made a pledge you don’t remember making.

• Ask for the charity’s tax-exempt letter indicating its IRS status. You can’t claim a tax-deductible donation if the charity does not have one.

• Never give cash. Make your contribution in the form of a check payable to the full name of the charity.

• Give out your credit card number only if you are certain that you are dealing with a legitimate charity; then make sure that the numbers will be encrypted.

• Don’t give out your Social Security number. A charity does not need it in order for you to claim a tax deduction.

How To Report Charity Fraud

It is a federal felony for anyone to engage in mail fraud, wire fraud, or credit-card fraud. Charity-related fraud should be reported to the following authorities:

• Your Local law enforcement agency

• Ypor Local postmaster if fraudulent solicitations or invoices arrive by mail

• Your State Attorney General’s office: www.naag.org

• Your State charity office: www.nasconet.org

• The Federal Trade Commission, online complaint form: www.ftc.gov

• The Internet Crime Complaint Center, online complaint form: www.ic3.gov

• The National Fraud Information Center, online complaint form: www.fraud.org

Any fraudulent tax activity that is discovered within a charity should be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Reports can be made anonymously or by providing contact information.

The IRS provides rewards for tip offs on fraudulent activities.

The fact that they can be reported, holds organizations accountable for the donations they receive.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Get over your pretentious self. What a bag of pompous ass!”

???

Marvin Shilmer

• cedars
    cedars

Nathan, AAWA isn't a charity and doesn't purport to be.

I do remember sorting fact from fiction as being one of the things that was most difficult in dealing with this situation a couple of months ago.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit