I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not just the private group. It's the fan page group also. I was added too without prior knowledge. IMHO AAWA or whoever did ths is being extremely untrustworthy with folks privacy and not doing anything other than flapping lips to rectify what happened or at least shut the FB groups down and start over.

And hey it's Simon's house. If he wants to let an f-bomb fly (with good reason) I ain't got a problem with it. We're all adults here, at least I think we are.

• Simon
    Simon

Cedars. What an utterly lame and pathetic excuse that is to refuse to answer people's concerns and address the issues.

Once again you are deflecting the discussion onto non-relevant issues. How does my expressing how much the org's behavior has affected me really excuse you from what you have done? What is your excuse for not doing things before my post of a few minutes ago?

Are the other members of the AAWA firmly behind you? I suspect many must now be questioning giving you the reigns and allowing you to speak for the group because you make a terrible job of it. You simply have no credibility or level of trust left.

The longer this goes on and on BECAUSE OF YOU then the more 'history' there will be for people who Google about the AAWA (still the most retarded fucking name imaginable) so they can at least see the type of person they are dealing with, even if they don't get to know who.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

It's only a FB group, for crying out loud. It's not like anyone wants to see the volunteer list shredded.

Good point MadS.

With a reboot volunteers would jump right back in. Then "security clearances" could be in place (as they are now) from the outset. No "added to group"allowed.

But even if these measures were instituted, the bridge would still not be built.

• bohm
    bohm

so to sum up:

"peoples country getting displayed on a beta version of a website" : Serious issue, must fix, bad, bad simon.

"people getting outed to friends and family after getting invited without their knowing" : this is not the droids you are looking for & ragequit.

• Simon
    Simon
    You were slamming us over privacy even before you found out that our official group has ALWAYS been secret, and even now on this very thread you continue to question this fact even though it has been stressed repeatedly that the official AAWA group was always secret

Saying the group was always secret contradicts other statements saying it was opened up for a while. Maybe you should go and read what was posted and also re-read your comments and responses and consider how it would sound to others and make them feel.

One final post - my final post on JWN.

Awsome demonstration of PR and damage control ... exactly how it shouldn't be done.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cedars ...

This particular sentence you wrote:

"...this use of profanity demonstrates precisely the reason why I cannot engage with you or anyone else on this forum."

You may have your issues with Simon, but to put everyone else in this forum (some of them who are actually sympathetic towards AAWA) under that unfair and insulting blanket remark really is very telling. I'm really sorry to say this, because I would like to keep you in my good esteem. But honestly, the way you're handling things just isn't right. Stop and think. You're creating a Public Relations nightmare.

JUST CLOSE THAT DAMN FACEBOOK GROUP, EJECT EVERYONE, CREATE A NEW ONE AND LET THE TRUE VOLUNTEERS JOIN IN AGAIN OF THEIR OWN FREE INITIATIVE.

Eden

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The AAWA page was not always secret, according to those who were outed, and according to the guy from AAWA with the Mexican hat who is supposed to be running the bleeding thing. Cedars is lying or he does not know what he is talking about.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The issue as I see it, and has been discussed, is even though the group was secret, it was showing up in the feeds, visible to whomever depending on how our FB pages are set up.

Even though I shouldn't have to explain it, I choose what I want my friends to see, including, for one, my former bible study who has a pinky toe in. I care about what she sees. I want her to be curious and investigate discussions on the sites I joined.

Again, the respect among the exJW community, and the "like" groups I was in was fine up until AAWA. I wonder now if the people that added the names were now directed to do so.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Cedars, this is not a good way to end things . Not good at all

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simon:

Funny though, all you could focus on when this AAWA fiasco kicked off was trying to shut me up with the threat of "revealing" this big cover-up scandal that you imagine. I think your priorities are misguided at best and suspicious at worst.

Do I understand this right? When the problem emerged about people's identities being compromised on AAWA's Facebook page, Cedars' initial response wasn't to delete the Facebook page, instead it was to contact you privately to try and get you to drop the issue on the forum, with the threat he would try to reveal something he thought was damaging about the running of your site if you didn't?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit