I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

What a train wreck and an embarassment

Well sumarised, Oz. I waded through the better half of the posts on this very long thread before my head started to spin. This is the movement in chaos. Significant and real self-inflicted casualities. Collateral damage from friendly fire. Civil war, internal squabbling and backstabbing, hurling rhetoric and insult and mud at one another while the world watches on and the timid and tentative flee for their own safety. The movement is prostrate and bleeding. If the Society is monitoring this dynamic they will be very pleased indeed. This is not good.

There needs to be a ceasefire and a meeting of those who pretend to leadership. You know who you are. Take command. Resolve this.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Lady Lee was part of their board and is a moderator here, if I am not mistaken. Has she said nothing? She has responsibility to both boards, it's seems she could help out here....

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I might suggest Paul Grundy would be a better candidate to moderate a ceasefire.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

AAWA isn't very interested in actually protecting people, thus how can you help people?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea her silence on the issue stemmed from a thread she tried to lock on this topic, and Simon stepped in.

I don't think you are going to get any help from her

• Billen76
    Billen76

Well, 8 years ago I tried to fade. Unfortunatly that proved to be impossible:
    1) The elders would not let me
    2) My family in JW kept trying to get me to the meetings

As I got chills down my spine whenever I visited a meeting or a convention, I finally told them not to invite me anymore. The result was them completely cutting me off for a year. When my sister finally visited me she was shocked that all she knew avoided her as long as she were together with me. She kept implying, that even if I were mobbed, the truth was the truth and I would be back again someday. That impression were reflected in the mails on FB I kept recieving from JW's, where they asked me "how were things going in the truth" and if I would like to visit a meeting together with them. Finally I posted a message on my Facebook wall, that I had no intention at all going back to "the truth", posting 2 Watchtower quotes about shunning minors in family life and limiting freedom of speech, and wrote below, that I could not accept the above why noone should expect me to ever return to the Jehovahs witnesses or visit a kingdom Hall ever again. The result was a drop of 150 "friends" from my friends list on FB and a mass of PM's from shocked witnesses telling me not to try to pull other pure hearted witnesses with me in my fall from grace. My whole JW-family including my little sister and my father deleted me from FB and cut me off. I have only momentarily talked with the old patriarch of my family. Since I cannot get in contact with the rest of my family I guess he keeps deeming me dangerous.

My point with telling this is, that one cannot freely speak ones mind in the open, as long a one insists on being a fader.
    As long as you are not willing to break the chains openly, the Watchtower will keep you chained through your family and friends inside JW.
    And through your family the Watchtower will keep holding you guilty of not being a part of their society.

I say:
    We are NOT ashamed!
    We do NOT owe them anything!
    They have NO demand on our life!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I might suggest Paul Grundy would be a better candidate to moderate a ceasefire.

Paul Grundy is also an excellent person.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

AAWA isn't very interested in actually protecting people, thus how can you help people?

Sounds like an organization based in Brooklyn I know of. Anyone want to take a guess?

• Billen76
    Billen76

If one wants to be an activist, one must be willing to show oneself.
    If not, then do not join.

What should not be done is to put pressure on anyone to join or declare skeptics of the AAWA project to be JW's in disguise or use similar statements and notions. One does not have to be in AAWA or support it, to not be a JW spy or the like. So calm down.

Just know, that there probably is a price to pay if one chooses freedom.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sounds like the AWAA is doing more harm than good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit