I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Over the years I was elected twice by my peers to lead two different professional cooperatives in my industry.

Both times were horrid experiences. Backstabbing, backing off from the given word, rioting, voting in favor of something, then the very next day asking what are you doing, because I haven't voted for that ...etc etc etc...the stories are endless. While it's true that you can't please everyone, the nature of the task of leading groups of free-thinkers / independent professionals is daunting, and takes a heavy toll on whomever is taking the lead. I know I aged a lot while I sat on those chairs.

I don't envy Cedar's position right now. Herding cats, anyone...?

Eden

• besty
    besty

I don't think this is about AAWA v JWN.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The leaders of both groups duking it out in public sure makes it look that way, besty.

• Simon
    Simon

it isn't, we just want a few issues sorted out.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Simon

more than a few issues, I just seen and replied to the other posts by marvin on the other one.

people really do need to grow some and man up.

think they can say what they want to people.

do what they want.

then walk away happy and leave everyone else to pick up the pieces.

yeah right

just like their old masters over at WT

MUPPETS

totally spoiled my day.

Ty your nowt but a weasel and a stirrer. you never have anything worthwhile or intelligent to say.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Marvin will be back regularly Lost...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and Cedars is where?

• Simon
    Simon

One thing I don't "get" ... why was Julia Barrick Douglas making announcements for the AAWA (page 9) when according to their site, she is not a member of the AAWA

Why, after being one of the ones responsible for the original issues is she still left in control. Just who is running what at the AAWA?

She must be one of the 'associates' which there is little information on other than that they should get to receive the utmost respect.

There seems to be an accountability-gap that can often be the source of issues exactly like this.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

To say the AAWA startup did not go well is an understatement and, yes, there needs to be structure, leadership and accountability but I am not convinced that what has happened here was and is the best way to address the issues. That is an understatement, too.

• Simon
    Simon

This is why it's important to respond to issues promptly and effectively.

What happened here is a case-study in how managing the complaint can be as important an issue as the orignal complaint itself and failure to manage things can blow up and cause way more damage.

I'm still not certain at all that the AAWA truly "get" why people have been angered and still seem to just want to label anyone who raises issues as people out to get them instead of people that wanted to see them do things right and were helping to point issues out.

Whoever is in charge of PR needs a slap round the head with a big wet fish.

Some other 'comments' I've been hearing don't insire me with trust or confidence I'm afraid. You can't go round making childish claims about being attacked or oppressed as though that validates and proves what you're doing is correct: really, that is the bullshit arguments that the WTS trots out.

I think the AAWA and AAWA representatives or associates need to be more 'considered' in the comments they make to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit