Uncensored discussions and information for anyone interested in the Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses or 'AAWA' http://aawa.co/ (previously known as "The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists http://jwactivists.org/) and how it's handled and responded to privacy issues and put people at risk:
- AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)
- An invitation to a new effort- AAWA
- Why when I logged onto AAWA did it go to facebook ?
- in regards to AAWA
- AAWA - Every generation needs a new revolution - Thomas Jefferson
- Notice how the introduction of the AAWA has brought out the loonies lately?
- Will AAWA Become another cult?
- "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression" AAWA
- AAWA ... It's not too late to change the name.... any suggestions?
- Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..
- The AAWA Facebook Group Needs To Reform Or Be Disbanded
- Why isn't anyone on JWN invited to the Facebook discussion by AAWA tonight?
- ...Barbara Andersons Resignation from AAWA...
- AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective
- AAWA Social Club
- Simon has stated the AAWA facts with exact precision
- My first post this year - what on Earth has been going on?!
- I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!
- For any that may have been "Outted" on Facebook regarding joining a particular "Association"
- In response to Cedars re: I have just been disinvited to my brothers wedding- thanks AAWA
- Is AAWA a non profit? Or is the application still in consideration?
- Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)
- new AWAA site up and new name
- Public Image (AAWA Thread, but not a bashing thread)
- So then, Julia Barrick Douglas
- How to Take Down the AAWA! (For those that have been hurt by that org)
- I was *not* outed and compromised by JWN!!
- goodbye AAWA--good luck
- The Outing of Faders Rears Its Ugly Head Again
I think it's important that people be allowed to make an informed choice about the groups they join and the integrity of the people they trust and don't put their personal identity and family relationships at risk if they are attempting to extricate themselves from the Watchtower Society / Jehovahs Witness religion.
The most important warning is:
IF YOU JOIN A FACEBOOK GROUP, YOU RISK EXPOSING YOUR IDENTITY TO ALL OTHER MEMBERS OF THAT GROUP, SOME OF WHOM MAY HAVE JOINED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF IDENTIFYING AND OUTING 'WEAK' MEMBERS OF THE FAITH.
THE AAWA DO NOT APPEAR TO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE'S IDENTITIES BEING EXPOSED AND HAVE REFUSED TO CHANGE THEIR USE OF FACEBOOK SO CONTINUE TO PUT PEOPLE AT RISK
The AAWA has since changed from the "Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists" to "Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses" and they claim to have addressed the original facebook group membership issue:
Unfotunately, their attitude to advice and concerns is still exactly as it was and they prefer to ignore and demonize people who point out dangers with their processes as described later in this topic. They now attempt to collect far more information about people than is safe or necessary and which could also correlate identities from other sites (including this one) or allow unverifiable information to be manipulated putting both themselves and others at risk. It could also be used to retaliate against anyone who questions or speaks out about their behaviour which they have already shown a prepensity to do.
Please be careful who you share personal and identifiable information with and be sure you know and can trust ALL the people that will be able to access that information. That includes the identify you use to post on this site !
Please help us to keep your identity secure by being careful with the information you share and especially if you get random requests for information from other posters.