The Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA) [WARNING]

by Simon 226 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

jgnat, when I look through the Facebook groups I am a part of and go to the tab that displays all members I see that three phrases or possibilities are included under everyone's name:

Joe

Joined the group......

Joe

Was invited by ---------- on this date

Joe

Was added by ----------- on this date

Are invites and adds one in the same? I do not think so. I believe when an invite is sent their is a choice to accept or decline. When "added" there is not a choice.

It is a Facebook flaw in my opinion.

Dagney said:

"Invite" is FB's term for add.

If that is so then why is there a differentiation under each members name for "invited" and "added"?

• Dagney
    Dagney

@ Ty: Wow. Interesting.

I was more concerned that it was clear on this board that "invite" was not what happened.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I guess you can add this to the list of latest victims who was "forced added" that was recently outted:

"I have just been disinvited to my brothers wedding. Thanks AAWA"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/250655/1/I-have-just-been-disinvited-to-my-brothers-wedding-Thanks-AAWA

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think friends add friends to groups and admins invite people to groups. It's just two types of nomenclature for the same result, I believe.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I think friends add friends to groups and admins invite people to groups. It's just two types of nomenclature for the same result, I believe.

Under the same member list tab I described above the Administrators are identified and you can see when they "add" someone and when they "invite" someone. Still, if they are the same, why the differentiation?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Juan offically stated, BOTH AAWA (not offically AAWA, but a volunteer for AAWA) "force added" FB people to their group, as well as one other pho AAWA Group.

• jgnat
    jgnat

mindblown, you won't find a button called "force add" on Facebook. It's called invite but it has the same result.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Juan offically stated, BOTH AAWA (not offically AAWA, but a volunteer for AAWA) "force added" FB people to their group, as well as one other pho AAWA Group.

This just seems to be the Facebook way of getting a group off the ground. You add everyone you know, whether they want to be in the group or not. I can't tell you how many ex-JW groups I've been added to on FB without my permission, and usually with "notifications" set to "All" so that I'm getting a message every time someone makes a post. Now, I don't care at this point who knows who I am and whether the WTS or any of my old JW friends see me in an "apostate" group. But if I were still trying to fly under the radar, it would upset me greatly to be added to an apostate group without my permission. However, I blame Facebook for this more than AAWA or any of the other ex-JW groups. It should not be possible to add someone to a group without their permission. You should be able to invite them, and they should have to accept membership before they are in the group. If I want to add someone as a friend, they have to accept my request before they become my friend. When I wanted to show my cousins as being part of my family, they had to acknowledge that they were actually related to me before it would show on my profile. Why should it work any differently with joining a group?
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Cedars, I read your post after commenting on the AAWA debacle (true or false story, how can we prove their real?), you need to take Simon's words to heart, you are speaking with a man who has the experience of running a website with "Millions Of Hits, most of our information we received has been from members like you, and others leaking details of the magazines, elder's letters and other silly stuff. The gist of Simon's message was to raise the level of awareness and bring some possible glitches of your forum. Free consulting information from Simom, that's priceless!

You can't buy information from a web consultant for the price Simon's is giving you, use the setbacks to come back strong and grow from any faults on your members forum. We need more sites and we need to protect our members privacy, that's what Simon is trying to help you grasp. Peace Cedars!

Cedars, Ed Hess of Darden School of Business has a great book to read, please buy the E-Book because he speaks of the issues your new website is going through, he is one of the top business teachers in the USA, if not the World. Please buy this book, you will thank me latter after reading this gem.

Product Image Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Entrepreneurial Businesses [Book] $7 online

Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Entrepreneurial Businesses [Book]

$7 online Write a review

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

However, I blame Facebook for this more than AAWA or any of the other ex-JW groups.

Do you blame Facebook also and not the AAWA for deciding not to take positive action by immediately removing the users that were added without consent after it was brought to their attention the effect this was having?

All they had to do was remove the people they "invited" from the group or close and re-create the group - and the damage would have been immediately limited. Instead - to this day, the problem continues. They refuse to do what needs to be done - give people the CHOICE to take on the risk of being in their group instead of insisting it upon others. Just this morning we learned about Sic Semper's situation from his thread - it is clearly an ongoing issue and it'll continue to be ongoing.

The AAWA through inaction continues to declare "we don't really care about people".

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit