AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective

by NoRegrets 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL

GB agrees to meet apostates = "it's a trap!"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not on a recruiting drive. I am compelled to speak up, though, when there is such a disconnect between the perception built up here and my own experience.

• okage
    okage

So, it turns out, I named four of the original board members of the AAWA back in January.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/244956/1/Would-this-work-Be-honest-Brutal-if-necessary

I suggested Cedars and Grundy for their organizational and analytical skills, as well as Marsh and Anderson for their public relations in the field relating to ex-JWs.

Good to see that not a one of them thought my idea was worth commenting on, but all of them agreed they would work fantastic together.

And it's refreshing to see that the AAWA's modest President suggests a European JWN moderator to Simon as though he's biased. Simon wakes up under the Queen's blue sky the same way Cedars does...as well as three out of eight of the founders of the AAWA.

Come to think of it, now that Anderson left, it's three out of seven. Oh, and when you take into account Bo Juel Jensen (Cedar's Besty), four out of seven fit Cedar's criteria for a happier world.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That description fits you as well, EP. Perfectly.

See, it's not funny if best you got is to just repeat me. I appreciate the flattery, however.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

AAWA has an excellent mission, and the people involved are able to drive it on, and with the assistance of able volunteers like Jgnat they will, I believe, accomplish much.

As a resource for the media they will be invaluable, media guys and gals like to have all their work done for them, so give it to them well researched and presented and they may well use it, such a resource has been lacking in the past.

JW's who are hungry for reform have not had a single place to go for support, they now have it.

What's not to like about that ?

Ten years down the line perhaps we can make an honest assesment as to progress, but to throw all the negatives around now is just silly.

• a watcher
    a watcher

AAWA will crash and burn, as will everything that is in opposition to Jehovah.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Rick Simmons and Candace Conti didn't crash and burn.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Good Lord........is this really a thing?

How in the world do you people have the audacity to malign a group of your peers who are trying (and doing) things for the sake fo the ex-jw community as a whole? Because yu don't like the name? Get over it. Because you have a specific suggestion? Make it and move on. Because you think it could be better? So make it better.

How is a fringe group trying to support a growing community, where many people deal with fear and prejudice from those they love the most going to survive if their own peers don't get off the freaking keyboard and do something for the community they are a part of? This is why the "ex" community is ineffective other than people already with doubts stumbling on some information that hard work was put into. Sure they may not get an audience with the GB, and if they did, nothign would change. But that does NOT mean that reaching out is a bad thing, simply because of how it could be viewed by those that visit. It is a reasonable position to take after all, and aren't we the ones saying we are reasonable?

Who left the founding group and why did they do so?

Guys this is pretty silly. Unless you have something specific to contribute, why tear down the hard work and effort of others. Say your peace, work together, and know when any movement begins (even a small one where some must remain annonymous), it will have a bumpy road at first.

What is wrong with you people. Honestly.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

www.webbsleuths.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az...om... A person diagnosed with the Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) feels grandiose and self-important. ... The essential feature of the narcissistic personality disorder is a pervasive pattern ...... He can be an incessant complainer and whiner.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Anybody who thinks they know how to do it better than AAWA is free to start their own organization. I'm a semi-retired accountant. I may be able to help. I guess now all I have to do is get out of the way of all the people beating down my door to start their own organizations to illuminate the problems with the WTBS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit