AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective

by NoRegrets 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How many groups have you seen come and go? I notice Robert King has decided to move on to other projects and I thought he would amount to something. People have short attention spans and they are becoming more and more distracted by anything. How is Kool-Aid man doing with his site into the virtual religion? The Web is honest and brutal with people spending time on sites where true interaction is done, nobody likes to sit back and read unable to respond, so they move to another site quick.

I know someone who loves to write long posts and desires a listening ear. I had the chance to eat lunch with this clown, he checked his iPhone every twenty seconds texting during my Lunch and Christian briefing with him. I will never go to lunch or dine with these compulsive babblers who are always looking at their iPhone waiting to show me their neat gadget.

Would you read the posts of this type of persona? What goes around, come around! I enjoy reading lots of posts on other websites on various topics but I have learned to quickly figure out who the "perpetual questioners(asking but not commenting or helping others in our forums) and I refuse to waste my time reading anything they write. I was able to test a new technology coming down the pike and I am in awe of how technology is going to change even more and communication with another person will speed up more. The tech will allow people to quickly choose what they consider relevant and delete threads or subjects we find of no value.

I saw the Korean artist broke all records with his YouTube count and i-Tunes downloads with his latest single, all done so fast! How long will he last when he was brought into fame so quick, will he be another Madonna or Sting over the long-run?

I hope the project works out but we know how picky the World is with their time and so many Ex-JW websites are reduced to 50 or less active members (Not Simons) at Lightspeed, so if this is not what we hope it will be, the consumer will vote by turning it into irrelavence!

Y

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I hears you. LOL I'd have told that jerk with the iphone to show some manners or else GTFO.

"Personalities" are the bane of many an enterprise however noble its intentions...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Is changing a few policies that you don't like going to transform the Governing Body's sleazy little doomsday cult into something better?”

Changing a few Watchtower policies will make Watchtower influence less dangerous.

I can think of thousands of reasons why changing a single policy would make for something better. Apparently the author quoted above can’t think that far. No surprise there.

Peanut galleries are reliably dismissive of folks with initiative. Nothing new there, either.

Marvin Shilmer

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

You're probably right. The Arizona Corporation Commission wouldn't know dick about Arizona corporate law

I may regret this since the previous discussion was shut down, but how do you not realize that the e-mail posted elsewhere from the Arizona Corporation Commission was a stock answer that in no way responded to any specific facts from the filing in question?

• cofty
    cofty

I asked AAWA about this point and they gave a reasonable answer...

Cofty - Do you really think that reform is a realistic objective?

Cedars - Realistic, no. But it doesn't cost us anything to make the offer, and it shows the world we're willing to talk even if they aren't.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yes because the whole world is watching......not

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm a volunteer and I tell you, I'm in with a group of excellent folk. It's been a bad start, true, here on JWN but so far the volunteers they have attracted are top-rate, and I have been treated very well.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

why wouldn't u be treated well?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What sort of things are the volunteers doing (or being asked to do) jgnat? Genuine question.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have joined the Support team, which will provide support to exiting witnesses. I've written up some tip sheets. I am valued for my particular expertise for "unbelieving mates".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit