AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective

by NoRegrets 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Ahh thank you! I appreciate the answer directly from their web site... While i wouldnt join their group i would donate a few coins if it were clear that there was a good and reasonable use for said donations... Perhaps ill wait a few weeks to see how it plays out

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sebastious. Now you're just getting boring and tiresome. Please show me where I have been a ruthless dictator and tyrant - or are you just bleating on because some crappy post you made got removed and now you can't let it go or else you heard it from someone else with a grudge and figured you'd just believe it because thinking things for yourself is just too difficult.

OK, but rather than digging up posts, many of which were deleted BY YOU, I will simply paraphrase my observations while on this forum for the past few years. You control the behaviours of others on this forum by deleting and restricting members based off whims and not following your own guidelines (as you have demonstrated in this conversation with me several times). You control information by locking and deleting threads based on your own bias while discouraging, moderating and even banning certain posting styles. You are loose on actioning people who are more like you and tight on one's who are not. This also contributes to the control of information as it controls the forum population and hence the content. You look the other way when people you like use ruthless means to drive away certain posters you don't like. All of this creates a culture of fear of displeasing the top level personality and his favored companions who all put their feet up like they own the place. Instead of typing what people think, the users must censor themselves for fear of social, and even official, reprimand. You promote and encourage logical thinking and discipline emotional reaction rather than approaching the core issues of the disturbance.

This is a common phenomenon for leaders of any media outfit such as a Newspaper. JWN and it's leadership is not immune. You are merely on a long list of editors, presidents and CEO's that sit atop a power structure that exists off the quality of columnists and readers moreso than the quality of the leadership and administration. What these dictators fail to appreciate is that the organization is empowered by the creative genius of artists. They mistake their administrative procedures for their product which in turn puts them out of touch with their consumer end. Without humble and grounded leadership the entire structure corrupts and disintegrates.

If you continue this, you WILL be deleted then you will have what you seem to desire.

It wouldn't be much difference as my posting has already been highly restricted without being given a reason despite asking for one via PM. I guess I am supposed to be thankful for what you give me, eh? A stick in the eye and silence. Nonetheless, if you delete me, that will be YOUR choice and it will prove my claim publicly of your tyranny. Until you realize it's YOU who are causing the problem, this forum will continue to degrade.

Do you realize the heavy responsibility of managing a bunch of ex cult members? Do you see yourself as some sort of expert? All I see is a bullheaded man who pays the bills and demands we all live under the rules of "his house."

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well it is his house. Maybe you should get a house too.

• Simon
    Simon
    Nonetheless, if you delete me, that will be YOUR choice and it will prove my claim publicly of your tyranny

Happy to oblige ... "Tyrant in da house"

You had your say but didn't come up with anything.

<<<< Until you realize it's YOU who are causing the problem, this forum will continue to degrade. Do you realize the heavy responsibility of managing a bunch of ex cult members? Do you see yourself as some sort of expert? All I see is a bull headed man who pays the bills and demands we all live under the rules of "his house.">>>>

Sab,

RE: Simon

All I see is a guy who has tried his best to make proper moderation decisions, while making major personal sacrifices to keep this site running. I haven't agreed with all of his moderation decisions, but they have always had at least some reasoned basis. Simon is not a hothead who acts impulsively, or your comments in this thread alone would have led to your deletion.

I like reading your posts here, but your current efforts here are likely to eventually lead to your deletion, even if you raise valid points. At some point, you must let the captain run his ship without a bunch of bitching and whining . . .. Maybe you can continue your conversation with Simon via PM?

Thank you, Simon, for exercising restraint in responding to Sab on this thread. He's a bright young guy that will hopefully remain a member here for a long time.

• talesin
    talesin

Simon,

I for one, am glad to see you remaining neutral about this new group. I have my own reasons for steering clear of them.

Let's move on, and let AAWA do their thing. It really has NOTHING to do with JWN.

xo

tal

• Simon
    Simon
    Do you realize the heavy responsibility of managing a bunch of ex cult members? Do you see yourself as some sort of expert? All I see is a bullheaded man who pays the bills and demands we all live under the rules of "his house."

Actually, I don't think I "manage" anyone. I just provide a place that I hope is open enough to allow pretty free dicussion but still civil and not completely wild. No one needs to agree with me and in fact many people I respect and value the most disagree with me often.

But you' re right - this is my house and my rules. They are pretty clear and simple to follow. You couldn't or wouldn't despite being given multiple chances. Have you ever considered ... maybe it's you?

• Simon
    Simon
    Let's move on, and let AAWA do their thing. It really has NOTHING to do with JWN.

I agree, I'm pretty tired of how it's taken over things this last week.

Maybe you can continue your conversation with Simon via PM? Thank you, Simon, for exercising restraint in responding to Sab on this thread. He's a bright young guy that will hopefully remain a member here for a long time

Erm ... too late. "oopsie" (I think we already tried the PM thing ...)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Tal, voice of reason as always gf.

• *lost*
    *lost*

TY - see Problems with the bogus AAWA fan page post. page 23

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit