AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective

by NoRegrets 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Here's the thing,

The whole AAWA idea had noble ideas behind it, but the ship has sailed and the movement needs to go back to the drawing board. Period. Also, I have plenty of respect for Cedars and enjoy some of his articles and appreciate the research he does on his own site. But..........It makes it pretty difficult for people to take on positions of note (like trying to lead an activist group to organize against the Watchtower) when you're still a secret "apostate". It creates paralysis and discord when so many high-level officials in a movement can't be themselves fully and operate with a constant nagging fear of being outed. I just hate to see this whole deal causing us to be counterproductive and turning on each other! That is exactly what the WT wants! (It reminds me of the People's Front of Judea if any of you remember the Monty Python reference.)

Anyway, I know a lot of you had good intentions in all of this but we need to move past this all and go back to the drawing board! I hope you can all calm down and remember who our true enemy is and move on!

Good night and good luck!

No Regrets

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Jehovah came down to JWN and confused the languages so that the tower of AAWA would not be completed.

• Iamallcool
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

AAWA sounds boring, pick another abbreviations and start over.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You make it sound like the ex community has somehow suffered as a result. I doubt it will change much. Just because someone doesn't join that group doesn't mean they will stop doing what they were already doing.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I just hate to see this whole deal causing us to be counterproductive and turning on each other!”

NoRegrets,

Counterproductiveness is a choice.

“Turning on each other” is a choice.

Those who choose to act in counterproductive ways are making that choice. It’s theirs to make, and they make it.

Those who “turn” on others are making that choice. It’s theirs to make, and they make it.

From what I can tell founders of AAWA made a choice to do something productive, and to invite as many as wish to join. Those who want to join will, and those who don’t won’t.

Then the peanut gallery chimed in. So what?

If you think something different than AAWA should be attempted then I say go at it, and go at it full-bore. You’ll probably find the founders of AAWA will refrain from disparaging your idea so long as its mission is honest and to help folks, which their mission is.

Marvin Shilmer

I was disappointed that some here chose to accuse others of criminal misconduct. If you aren't a cop, district attorney, or other legal system professional with a full knowledge of the specific facts of the situation, you have no basis to make such allegations, and your opinion is about as valuable as an unflushed turd in a public toilet.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

You're probably right. The Arizona Corporation Commission wouldn't know dick about Arizona corporate law. I'll be sure to place a call in to the Arizona State Police and ask to speak to a 'cop' for his opinion. I'll let you all know how all that flushes.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I was disappointed that some here chose to accuse others of criminal misconduct. If you aren't a cop, district attorney, or other legal system professional with a full knowledge of the specific facts of the situation, you have no basis to make such allegations, and your opinion is about as valuable as an unflushed turd in a public toilet.

It amazing how you perfectly described the very thing you wrote. Bravo!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I dont know why but the word "turd" always brightens my day , .....unless of course it's referencing a real one in my immediate vicinity, in which case...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit