AAWA has caused divisions and has lost the opportunity to be effective

by NoRegrets 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Simon that was a fair summation of the issues and is the type of critical view that should be helpful for AAWA.

There have been numerous threads within the "secret" AAWA group that have gone back and forth and they have not been deleted.

Without discussions, old wounds will keep festering. JWN and AAWA are both important to me personally and I would be disappointed if this escalated to the point that they become combatants.

• Simon
    Simon
    Nothing to do with feelings. Your reign of tyrannical moderation has been painfully obvious. When people stand up, you cut them off. Reminds me of an organization I used to be involved with.

LOL

I'm such a tyrannical moderator that ... well, people like you who are a constant PITA are allow to not only disagree with me but insult and attack me on my own site? Kind of takes the wind right out of your argument doesn't it?

Don't you need to compare me to hitler next for you to satisfy Godwin's law?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Now, this topic is not about me. Any more off-topic comments you make will be removed. Yeah ... don't think I'm too naive not to moderate idiots when it's required because I'm afraid some obsessive jerk will think they have an excuse to run off screaming 'hypocrite'.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

So i still remain curious Marvin or whomever would care to respond.... What do they intend to do with any donations they receive? Is their a plan for funds or do they just want to collect and then......?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sabs seeking martyrdom ...

• Simon
    Simon

Oh, and Sebastious ... don't you ever consider the possibility that I KNOW I have made mistakes and because of what I've learnt feel that I just may be able to offer other people some advice so that they don't make the same ones?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Actually Simon I have been surprised by the amount of time u have spent responding on the same topic on different threads. But I realize it's part of the "Been there done that" scenario that you comment on.

You yourself know when you made a good decision and when you made a bad one, but really just reaching ex JW's, or soon to be ex JW's is your goal.

It's hard for some to take advice, or admit shortcomings. But any good leader knows when they need to shut up and listen to the troops. Hopefully this delusional folly can amount to something more than JWN threads, and non audited donations gathered from sincere ones.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Before I post this list, I reiterate that I'm not in a leadership position with AAWA. I'm also not trying to recruit new volunteers. My concern is that there is a disconnect between the perception here and how I have been treated as a volunteer. Like Simon, I'd like to see some bridges built. It seems to me that concerns fester if they are not addressed. I've made a list of what I believe the unresolved concerns are, below. The AAWA has responded to some of them, so that may be as far as they are willing to go.

Unresolved Concerns

Requester

AAWA Response

Is the jwactivists group set up so that only moderators can approve new members?

Dismissing Servant

at the very least PM everybody and let them know that they may have been added to the group without their knowledge, AAWA is very sorry, and they wanted to notify them and give them the opportunity to choose whether to stay or go.

Fizzywiglet

Name the individual responsible for the mass invite. Webmaster in contact with both Dagney and Simon. Dagney is visible on other JW discussion sites. He complaint had no legs. If so, why is she so visible on other groups? Simon agrees to remove or edit some threads and watch them more closely. He is now on our side on all of this.

Dagney/Simon

This will not resolve the issue. Individuals who were harmed by this may ask for this information.

remove everyone who was force added

Soft+Gentle

Consider removing the group and starting fresh

Ann OMaly

Dismissing Servant

Black Sheep

Mind Blown

Fizzywiglet (option 2)

Slimboyfat

Flipper

Scott77

There is no evidence that current membership is at risk, so the current secret group will remain.

What of the rather broad base of membership in this secret group? Is there an ongoing danger that one of these members might “out” others, say the Watchtower apologists?

jgnat

Other JW FB groups have bigger numbers and less control

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm such a tyrannical moderator that ... well, people like you who are a constant PITA are allow to not only disagree with me but insult and attack me on my own site? Kind of takes the wind right out of your argument doesn't it?

Attack you? For stating your obvious hypocrisy? You're in no position to call out Cedars for deleting comments. I also suggest you look up the definition of ad hominem. Look, here's a good example:

Now, this topic is not about me. Any more off-topic comments you make will be removed. Yeah ... don't think I'm too naive not to moderate idiots when it's required because I'm afraid some obsessive jerk will think they have an excuse to run off screaming 'hypocrite'.

And this isn't your forum, it's all of ours. Whoever has contributed to the CONTENT is part owner since they own intellectual rights to what they create.

Oh, and Sebastious ... don't you ever consider the possibility that I KNOW I have made mistakes and because of what I've learnt feel that I just may be able to offer other people some advice so that they don't make the same ones?

The Governing Body want me to forgive their mistakes too.

-Sab

• Simon
    Simon
    And this isn't your forum, it's all of ours.

So you're saying YOUR responsible then? Also, next month hosting bill is coming up soon ... can I forward it for your attention? LOL

I apologise for the name calling. Sometimes it's not easy to keep 100% calm and reasonable when some idiot obsessive jerk is poking you in the face.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well this took an interesting turn....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit