Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

mind blown

I'm starting to feel like a broken record. Please go back and re-read my posts. Just because others are ignoring the facts of the matter, doesn't mean you have to!

Our official facebook group is secret and always has been. Nobody can see who our members are but members themselves.

Our official facebook page is public, and as you mentioned, you can see the faces of those who like it. But it is impossible to "force like" something. If you like it, it's because, well, you like it.

I won't post on this subject anymore. I've investigated people's concerns and found that no faders are at risk. AAWA, which includes myself, has apologized for any negligence on our part.

Some people on this thread just want blood. It's disappointing, but there it is.

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

CAntleave.....for heavens sake...the problem is that there was a possibility for members to add new members to that f*cking group! In a secret grup ever new potential member has to be checked up individually! Otherwise you will have moles and nutheads in the group. It was possible for one single person to add some 900-1000 people to the group. that's just insane! A secret group can't have that many members.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Cantleave, that was the most pathetic excuse I've seen yet. Most exJW groups are closed, not open. Like this one. We don't see pics and names of everyone here. Besides, it was never established that "friends" did this. The name of one of the culprits is apparently being withheld unless proof of damage occured. That is what concerns people. Protecting the perpetrature in lieu of those who's identities MAY have been compromised. It just so parallels a corporation that we all have a mutual disdain for

• Simon
    Simon
    Our policies are "weak and lame." Our name is "god-awful." It's a wonder you're still interested in helping us sort things out.

There are two ways to deal with criticism - deny it or acknowledge it and try and improve. My opinion of the name is just my opinion but I wasn't the only one to have it by a long way. And yes, I think the string of mis-information / confusing statements and now the refusal to name the person responsible is a terrible way to have handled things.

Your 2nd core objective is (to quote) " Assisting those who wish to leave the organization by making it easier for such ones to get the help and support they need". I think to offer support you need to have a degree of trust and unfortunately the handling of this facebook thing has dented that. When companies make bad decisions, the good ones fes-up and put things right in an open and honest way and suffer less long-term damage as a result.

THAT is why I'm offering you advice.

Take it or leave it.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"Our facebook group is secret. Nobody can see who our members are but members themselves."

We have heared that...but still you let in some nuthead in to that group that added some 900-1000 more people that yuo don't personally know. besides you let somebody in that hi-jacked a lot of names and outed thiose names.
    My point is....you cannot have a secret or secure group when people are free to add new member. if you want to have a secret group you have to examine every new member.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Some of those who joined added their friends. If those friends are already friends with EX-JW's who are active on EX-JW sites are they not already putting themselves at risk?

cantleave, it is my understanding from Juan, that if you were in a FB group, someone else in that same group could add your without you knowing to the AAWA group. They didn't have to be a FB "friend."

Again, people were outed. That is a bad thing. I was added without my choosing, to me that is a bad thing and a good thing for AAWA.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wha Happened -FFS Get this through your head - THE GROUP IS SECRET NOT OPEN!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Dagney you understanding wrong! Go back to the chart Simon posted and look at the column for SECRET groups.

There has never been an open group for AAWA only a page that can be "like"d

• mind blown
    mind blown

Cedars.

Juan:

"Obviously, the site was no longer "private." We decided to make it an open group and let those who wanted to stay to remain, those who wanted to leave to opt out."

-I was under the impression it was decided to literally open the group page.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Zed - great to see you making a valuable contribution to the ExJW community too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit