How many former Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

by Change Name 130 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OK, I found this letter. Was this what you were talking about Phizzy?

UNeldersletter

I did not see this as an elder when it was written.

Just for balance compare it with this letter from the UN:

UN Reply

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The point of this information is that yes the WTS. does have its hand in governmental affairs.

The main goals for the US at the 2006 OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting were clearly at odds with Watchtower doctrine, promoting democracy and political will.

U.S. goals for this conference include:

• "To demonstrate U.S. commitment to human rights and democracy, and to show support for NGOs working in these fields."
    • "To generate political will among OSCE participating States for implementing OSCE commitments in the Human Dimension."
      www.usosce.rpo.at/HDIM/hdim2006.html (as of April 25, 2010)

The 2006 participants yet again include Mr. Marcel Gillet representing the European Association of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

For the full 2006 participant list see 2006 participants

2007 continued to accommodate Watchtower representatives alongside religious and political organisations.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

WTF????

Is/was a Jehovah's wittness (Marces Gillet) the chairman of the Religious freedom Committee...and Paul Gillies it's press officer? This as late as in 2007. This is just incredible......I hope a lot of lurkers are reading this thread.

Hey...Change Namne!!! Were are you? I hope you haven't buried your head in the sand yet.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This was a big wake up call for me in 2009.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was over 4 years and a different computer ago so I don't even know where I got that information from plus I was still mentally in so it was a huge and scary thing to discover and I wanted the "apostate" to be spinning the info to make the society look bad.

Had a quick look and you are right about the funding. He was not helped financially by Watchtower, just "friended"!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

And Gregory Allen......was he the representative in the General Counsel??? Back in 2006, I missed that. The General Counsel is no subgroup...this is just outright....

So, if the WTS could not be part of the UN av an NGO, why do they still sent representativs to these conferenses? This is just absurd.......Lurkers, this is really important for you to know.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I had to laugh at the letter the WTS sent out when they state the reason for registering was to find out information about health,

ecological and social problems. Since when is the WTS. been interested in health and ecology ?

They state that they have been using the UN library for years prior to 1991, really I'd like to see proof of that, from the WTS.

and possibly from the UN (NGO) department. What that sounds like or (insinuating) that anyone could have used the library by an

organization or by a single individual, similarly to applying for a card at a open public Library.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Notice in the letter they say opposers have made it known about NGO and that when it was found out that this was a violation of their principles they withdrew membership and are thankful that this was brought to their attention. So in one corner of their mouth they are called opposers, then in the other corner are thanked for bringing it to their attention so that they could correct it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

On another thread, the claim was made that the WTBTS is still involved with this stuff in Europe. The claim was made that Russia has issues with any and all " foreign agents, or agencies " and that is why JW's are being persecuted. Does anyone know it there is any truth to either of these rumors?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

frankiespeakin: So in one corner of their mouth they are called opposers, then in the other corner are thanked for bringing it to their attention so that they could correct it.

Great observation!

This is a classic example of the WTBTS talking outta' both sides of their mouth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit