How many former Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

by Change Name 130 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

OK..I haven't been here so long...but I don't think we shall speculate in the identity of other posters on this forum. If we treat apologists in a bad way, they will only get their images of "apostates" confirmed. I see no good in yelling and namecalling.

It is much better to keep on topic, like posting those UN-letters that some poster copied into this thread.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Just one more thing.....I am sure that a lot of "lurkers" are reading this thread. It is of interest to active JW's. So let's try to not scare away those lurkers with our behaviour (I hope I spelled it right).

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think Change Name can handle it, I suspect he's been here before many many times already under other user names you are likely familiar with....

• wasblind
    wasblind

Just one more thing.....I am sure that a lot of "lurkers" are reading this thread. It is of interest to active JW's. So let's try to not scare away those lurkers with our behaviour (I hope I spelled it right).____Dissmissive servant

I know that's right !!!!!! You don't want 'em thinkin' that this is the Kingdom Hall and your a controllin' Elder !!!!!!

So watch your behavior !!!!!!!

• Emery
    Emery

Change Name, when are you coming back?

• jgnat
    jgnat

One has to be actively engaged (not buried) to figure out the NGO scandal. I wrote the UN myself, and got a pleasant form letter in return. They politely asked if members and former members ask the WTS itself about its status? Shortly after that, the UN posted the form letter on their website.

Is the WTS as up-front as the UN when members and former members write to them?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The first letter, in the first paragraph which Amelia Ashton posted clears the matter up with confidence.

The WTS. by signing up as an NGO, committed an act of hypocrisy against its own established doctrine.

So Change Name would like a wet towel to wipe that egg off your face now ?

• IMPOSTORS ARE DOOMED
    IMPOSTORS ARE DOOMED

I think that the person who began this idiotic "reasoning" thread, has the most appropriate icon picture...

BECAUSE THEY AIN'T GOT A LEG TO STAND ON!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Change name,

I think some posts here may have given you some things to think about. For me however as a JW, this particular act on the part of the WT didn't really sway me much. I felt that being an NGO didn't get you a vote as to the actions of the UN, so how are you a "part" of it?

That being said, I can easily see why someone would feel differently and it would sway their faith in the group that has called the UN a "disgusting thing" for most of their existance. Can't you see why that would appear hypocritical to some?

The society said they wanted acess to the library......which they could have had anyways. Ok fine, maybe someone made an error. Then they said the criteria for being an NGO has changed......which the UN has denied. Well that seems suspect at the very least right? Was it wise for them to be an NGO in order to get access to things they may not otherwise have access to? Sure! Is the UN charter they would need to support say anything that JW's wouldn't do? No!

BUT HERE IS THE RUB. When you do not extend the same kind of reasonableness to the conscience of the individual Christian, you have become a hypocrite. The WT used to disfellowship someone who joined the YMCA. Yet they can be an NGO and it shouldn't be an issue? At the very least it was a bad decision, and disengenuous. Was it out right wicked? I don't neccesarily think so, but many here feel to the contrary and I understand why they do.

You should attempt to figure out why that is since this is the subject you have decided to harp on.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

" The society said they wanted acess to the library......which they could have had anyways. "
    I wonder how many that really believes this is the real reason. Should the borg become NGO in the UN only to get access to a library? This is not credible. Then why did they bother sending brothers to represent the borg at all those conferences?
    The real reason must have been someting else. remember; they applied in autumn 1991, shortly after the collapse ov the Soviet Union. Is this just a coincidence? Or did the organisation apply for NGO-status to have the UN making thier esblablishing of new branch offices in a lot of new countries more easy and more effective?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit