How many former Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

by Change Name 130 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I still get the feeling that the WTS. was trying to use the powers and capabilities of the UN and its associated NGO operative system

to help their organization out in countries where they have had problems operating and establishing themselves. ie. Russia

Figuratively speaking they hopped on top of the Wild Beast to help expand their organization's interest in lands where they have problems

in doing so.

It wasn't the outside world situations and troubles that was their utmost concern, it was more of themselves and the pursuance of their own

self interests. No wonder the WTS. came out following this disclosure and said the UN isn't that bad of an organization.

Another problem I think arises and I've seen this a couple of times if that new JWS haven't much knowledge of what the WTS. previously said

concerning the UN and its description of being the Great Wild Beast

How many of todays JWS have seen and read this article and picture ?

• krejames
    krejames

To think that the elders in my congregation refused an invitation from my local council to speak about JW beliefs in order to help staff understand religious diversity within the districts. Why? Because there would be speakers from other religions there too and they didnt want to be involved in "interfaith" lol. Completely missed a trick theree as it had nothing to do with interfaith. Perhaps if they had known about the NGO thing they might have thought about it. lol

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Change Name seems to be online now! Go for it, Change! We are waiting for you!

• Dismissing servant
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Hi Uncantnome and Satanus - yep... keep your heads buried in the sand. Do not ask yourself the hard questions.Do you find yourself ignoring anything that Jehovah's Witnesses bring out in regards to their former status as an NGO?Do you find yourself automatically discounting this interesting information? [link]Do you find yourself searching for a counter argument to this information in order to keep your belief that the "Watchtower" is an evil publishing corperation?If you answer yes to any of those questions, what does that mean about you personally?

I replied,

Your question reminds me of when I would speak to the elders.

Change Name,

I really don't have that much interest in the subject. I stopped preaching and attending meetings along time before I ever came on the internet and looked at any websites about Jehovah's Witnesses. I never looked at nor would I have looked at what was called apostate books or websites. What changed my mind was the Watchtower magazine.

So in one way yes I do 'automatically discounting this interesting information' basically out of lack of interest.

Although on some days I feel different and will think maybe I'm wrong and will read something about the Witnesses, may be it will be 'this interesting information' maybe something else. On another day I'll feel differently and will find myself 'searching for a counter argument to this information in order to keep your belief '

Depends how bored I am.

So when you said this

If you answer yes to either of those questions, what does not mean about you personally?

I didn't feel it meant anything about me personally, if I understood your question properly. However it did remind me of when I in the past have spoken to elders about something I felt was important and rather than talk about the issue they seemed to think it was showing something about me.

• UN informed
    UN informed

Being baptized in 1961, I was we'll aware of the WT view of all govts, including and especially the UN. The Babylon the Great book made their position exceptionally clear, as well as the "Declaration" at the 63' Around the world assembly.

in 1966, I was sentenced to prison because I was an adherent to their policy about involvement in any for with the governments, and that even to accept hospital work was a violation of our neutrality.

In spite of the 75 debacle, and the lack of apology on their part, I continued with them, as an elder, for 30 years. Due to my extreme displeasure with their 1990's doctrinal changes re neutrality and the 'untying' of the generation teaching to 1914, I decided that I could no longer serve as an elder, so in early 2000 I resigned as an elder.

when I became aware of their UN involvement in late 2003' I was totally devasted. My entire life screamed at me that I wasted it all. I gave up a scholarship and appointment to the Coast Guard Academy. I went To prison instead, became a felon, and assigned my life to one of self employment (convicted felons can't get real far in corporate America).

I began writing the Society in hopes of getting them to repent of their unfaithfulness re the UN hypocrisy. Even though my wife, children and I had about 200 years of dedicated service, four kids pioneers, my wife and I pioneered early on, then two sons going to Bethel, they treated me like a dog. They accused me of a bad attitude, not trusting in Jehovah, and then they sicked the local elders on me. We as a family, except for one son, quit attending in June 2005. In June 2006 they disfellowshipped my wife and I for refusal to accept their apostasy.

I would like to say that being disfellowshipped was the best day of my life, and my wife of 44 years feels the same. By their horrible, unkind and unloving actions, all in response to their own unfaithfulness, they 'released us' TOTALLY from their clutches. Any question that we ever may have had if we were doing the right thing was answered.

so, in response to 'change name' and other apologists, all I can say is that by changing the argument to some perceived technicality, they are aiding and abetting a hypocritical organization that could care less about ANYONE, including CHANGE NAME.

Free at last,

Brant Jones

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, Brant, that is a powerful testimony.

Thank you for sharing it.

Perhaps it will give some lurkers food for thought.

00DAD

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

CN

If you and/or your organization are not being truthful, what does that mean about you personally?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

How many CURRENT Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

It's got to be in the millions.

How many CURRENT Jehovah's Witnesses know the truth, but lie about it anyway? Which camp are you in?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

99+ percent in the congregations have no idea the Watchtower was part of the United Nations as a NGO. Make up those fliers with the Governing Body riding the Wild Beast and I will begin to hand them out, paste them on walls and put them were I can move the percentage ten points lower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit