How many former Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

by Change Name 130 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wholly
    Wholly

copy and paste of the website doesn't seem to be working atm so here is the url without hyperlink

witness-outreach.com/UNArticles.html

Awake! July 22 (2001) pp.3-5.................................................Helping Hands Are Everywhere

Awake! January 8 (2000) pp.20-21........................................"Mothers With AIDS Face A Dilemma"

Awake!: December 8, (2000), pp. 3-9................................... Series of Articles

Awake! May 22 (1999) pp.4-9...............................................By the Sweat of Children

Awake! January 8 (1999) p.13................................................Rights Without Responsibilities?

Awake!: November 22, (1998), pp. 3-11 ............................. Series of Articles

Awake! February 8 (1997) pp.14-17......................................When Land Turns Into Desert

Awake!: April 22, (1996), pp. 4-7 ....................................... “Who Can Bring Lasting Peace?”

The Watchtower: October 1, (1995) pp. 3-5 ...................... “Fifty Years of Frustrated Efforts”

Awake! July 22 (1995) pp.4-8................................................Man's Fight Against Disasters

Awake! May 8 (1994) pp.4-8.................................................Efforts to Save the Children

Awake! February 22 (1993) pp.4-6........................................Children -- Assets or Liabilities?

Awake! December 8 (1992) p.3-7 .........................................Small series of articles

Awake!: September 8, (1991), pp. 3-4, 8-10 ....................... Small series of articles

[email protected]

Edited to add:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/248913/1/My-chat-with-an-Elder-about-the-UN-thing-Help

• Londo111
    Londo111

Change Name,

I don’t feel you understand how mind control, indoctrination, conditioning, or brainwashing work. Actually mind control and brainwashing are not synonymous, but that’s neither here nor there. I strongly suggest you to study Combating Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan. This explains the dynamics of mind control.

BTW...I suggest also you read the above listed articles. Then ask yourself: Does the Awake in these articles seem to be promoting the UN, its ideals or charter? Therefore, what would that imply in regard their NGO status?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thank you Wholly.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Bump for Change name.

NOTE: You are saying people are deflecting from your original question, but your original question is begging. It assumes certain things while asking. Get it?

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi there punkofnice - You can pick apart what I write all you want. To me, since you guys deflect my question and automatically jump on the "bash the WTS" when a question is asked, it appears to me that you all bury your heads in the sand when it comes to answering genuine questions about your beliefs.

Hi again Zed is Dead - Nice one! "Hemorrhoids as earmuffs"! Classic!

Hi again jwfacts - Yes, instead of answering the question you deflect it and call me out that I cut and pasted something. THEN, you question MY reasoning ability. Do all former JW's so easily go into attack mode with the namecalling? It is very difficult to hold a discussion about former Jehovah's Witnesses with you folks. Should I only get the perspective of current Jehovah's Witnesses?

Hi Dismissing Servant - If it was theorcratic warfare, they would not have said anything or deflected the question by changing the subject. This website gives a very good fact based presentation about the Jehovah's Witnesses involvement as a NGO/DPI for information gathering. The website shows that the anti-JW's obscure the truth by using deliberately misleading evidence. Yet you folks ignore this information. Why?

All who responded - Remember my initial questions. I was not asking if the Jehovah's Witnesses were or were not an NGO/DPI. This is an established fact. My question deals with your communities response to the website http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/. When a former Jehovah's Witnesses comes across this information, will that one read it with an open mind or does that one ignore it and keep his beliefs the same?

Here are my questions again.

1) Do you find yourself ignoring anything that Jehovah's Witnesses bring out in regards to their former status as an NGO?

2) Do you find yourself automatically discounting this interesting information? [link]

3) Do you find yourself searching for a counter argument to this information in order to keep your belief that the "Watchtower" is an evil publishing corperation?

4) If you answer yes to any of those questions, what does that mean about you personally?

What do you think about their lead in?

"Some claim Jehovah's Witnesses had "secret deals" with the United Nations, agreed to support it and its goals, and then lied to cover it up. Is this conspiracy theory true? We show direct evidence from the UN itself showing these accusations to be just plain wrong. We also demonstrate how accusers are deliberately misleading 'evidence' and make many mistakes. Furthermore, one of the most prominent promoters of this conspiracy theory on the internet knows full well that the claims are erroneous but has tried to silence his critics and cover-up the evidence."

Is their information less fact based than your information?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Hi there punkofnice - You can pick apart what I write all you want. To me, since you guys deflect my question and automatically jump on the "bash the WTS" when a question is asked, it appears to me that you all bury your heads in the sand when it comes to answering genuine questions about your beliefs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Whatever you say.

But you can't count 'time(TM)' talking to me.

• Wholly
    Wholly

Hey Change Name,

Did the WTBTS teach that the UN specifically was identified as the Great Beast in Revelations? Did the WTBTS specifically teach that we are to be no part of the world? Did the WTBTS specifially teach that we should be no part of Satan's System of Things?

My memory may not be accurate. Please verify these questions for me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Change Name says ...

To me, since you guys deflect my question and automatically jump on the "bash the WTS" when a question is asked, it appears to me that you all bury your heads in the sand when it comes to answering genuine questions about your beliefs.

This isn't about beliefs, this is about extrapolating the real honest truth on a certain matters.

The WTS. simply got caught in their own hypocrisy and people are intent in exposing this hypocrisy, simple and to the point.

Any insinuation that the WTS. registering as a NGO (DPI) with the UN operations is not directly in volition of their own doctrines

in involving oneself with worldly government affairs. is being totally disingenuous from the known fact of what is expected from organizations who

do register themselves with the UN as a associating NGO member.

One could say that anyone who does not acknowledge this truly has their head in the sand or worst up their ass in spite of them trying to support

the organization of which they are set in supporting.

Maybe an explanation of what is hypocrisy is in order.

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles, virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually hold.

Hypocrisy is not simply failing to practice those virtues that one preaches. Samuel Johnson made this point when he wrote about the misuse of the charge of "hypocrisy" in Rambler No. 14:

Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS/WTS organization are still involving themselves with worldly government affairs by joining the OSCE in Europe.

What is the OSCE ? .....

Who we are

With 57 States from Europe, Central Asia and North America, the OSCE is the world's largest regional security organization. It offers a forum for political negotiations and decision-making in the fields of early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation, and puts the political will of its participating States into practice through its unique network of field missions.

The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities.

All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.

Participating States

The Organization comprises 57 participating States that span the globe, encompassing three continents - North America, Europe and Asia - and more than a billion people.

History

The OSCE traces its origins to the Cold War détente of the early 1970s, when the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE) was created to serve as a multilateral forum for dialogue and negotiation between East and West.

Partners for Co-operation

The OSCE maintains special relations with 11 countries in the Mediterranean Region, Asia and Australia.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For anyone who missed this from a page back , note the highlighted areas .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit