How many former Jehovah's Witnesses bury their head in the sand when it comes to reasoning about the NGO "conspiracy"?

by Change Name 130 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Change name, you are a troll and a brainwashed cult member.

Dammit! I fell for your instructions in the first paragraph of the OP! Now you've brainwashed me! LOL

CoC

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Actually it is the WT apologists who bury their head in the sand.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi there Satanus - I find the answers to my initial post interesting. Your initial answer said alot about you. You deflected my question. You did not read the question/post and asked how my time was going. You initially did not answer my questions because you are brainwashed/conditioned to not contemplate what JW's have to say. You associate me with the JW's so you will not contemplate what I have to say.

Hi Witness my Fury - While the UN/NGO status is used as an example, it is not the thrust of my question. My question focuses on the former Jehovah's Witness community and its associates. I have no issue with how the Jehovah's Witnesses used the United Nation library for information gathering. My issue is how people reacted to it. They used it as an excuse to leave the religion and become integrated into this system of things.

Hi there OUTLAW - Yes, please keep on insulting me. Why are Jehovah's Witnesses guilty of using the United Nations as a source for information gathering?

Hi there Amelia Ashton - It looks like you did not read nor contemplate what I copy/pasted from a pro-JW site. Why is that? You went for the throat with your information. Your information iseems contrary to the information from that website. Here is a conclusion they make:

"The Watchtower Society was a totally different type of NGO associated with a different UN department — the Department of Public Information (DPI). Accusers deny this, and claim the differences are “irrelevant facts”, when we can clearly see that is not how the UN feels about the matter. Let us now examine the original Resolutions of the United Nations to show the difference between ECOSOC and DPI NGOs."

The information from that website is rather extensive. Why do you not want to read through it and get a balanced perspective on this?

Hi there cptkirk - It is interesting how people deflect my initial question and want to show me proof that the "Watchtower" was associated with the UN as an NGO/DPI. I do not need proof. My questions were simple.

1) Do you find yourself ignoring anything that Jehovah's Witnesses bring out in regards to their former status as an NGO?

2) Do you find yourself automatically discounting this interesting information? [link]

3) Do you find yourself searching for a counter argument to this information in order to keep your belief that the "Watchtower" is an evil publishing corperation?

4) If you answer yes to any of those questions, what does that mean about you personally?

Hi there Ucantnome - Okay, you said "Your question reminds me of when I would speak to the elders."

...and that means?

Hi Winston Smith - I take it this other person who you associate me with is named Recovery?

Hi there Krejames - I am giving you information from the http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk website. This website says the accusations are "just plain wrong" and they demonstrate that "accusers use deliverately misleading 'evidence' and make many mistakes". Why question, though, was not about the status of the WT as an NGO/DPI. I am asking about the reaction your community has when you come acrossed this type of information from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hi there 2+2=5 - What I have read on the other thread is misrepresentation of facts. When I am given information that may be contrary to what is being taught, I confront this information and see if it truth based on facts. Unlike your community, who ignores information from the Jehovah's Witnesses that may shed light on a certain subject, I confront it and make sure of it. DP, who is not a JW, quoted a few tidbits from the WT library. He said that it was revisionist history. I found out differently. Most of the "evidences" I have found from your community are not 100% honest. They mislead the reader.

Hi there Zed is Dead - Hmm... I made some snarky comments? What did I say?

"sure sure, you can call me a troll or brainwashed cult member. I am totally interested in how your answers to these questions. Do you find yourself ignoring anything that Jehovah's Witnesses bring out in regards to their former status as an NGO?

Do you find yourself automatically discounting this interesting information?

Do you find yourself searching for a counter argument to this information in order to keep your belief that the "Watchtower" is an evil publishing corperation?

If you answer yes to either of those questions, what does not mean about you personally?

Looking forward to your answers/rants."

You talking about the tidbits in red? Snarky? [sighs]

And then you go and call me a non-thinking parrot. I love you too man! This is exactly what I think of your community.

I associated with the Jehovah's Witnesses for two years up to about July of last year. I will be going back this month to my first meeting since then. You can claim to be an old fart all you want. Age does not mean you are wise. It just means your an old person who has opinions. Solomon was given wisdom beyong his years but he made the stupidest mistakes when it came to women.

Look at that resolution and ask yourself where did you folks "surrender the sovereignty to God's Messianic kingdom" when you became an NGO/DPI for information gathering?

Where/when did you folks "worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security" when you became an NGO/DPI for information gathering?

Seriously. Answer them.

Hi there Irondork - 1 Thessalonians 5:21 talks about testing everything and holding fast to what is good. What do you think is good in this world?

Hi again Amelia Ashton - Your judgements of your former brothers and sisters is rather harsh.

My question, again, deals with why your community automatically disregards information from Jehovah's Witnesses. Have you read through this website and why would you not?

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

Hi NeonMadman - Yes, I made note that I did get this information from the above website. It is not my information and do not pretend that I wrote it. I think your idea of original thought it is agree with you folks.

Hi there The Searcher - I do not believe you will be "in" for much longer. From everything I have read, before you become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you need to understand what exactly why, what, who and how from a Biblical persective. If you need help, let me know. I have been reading and studying the Bible since I was 18.

Hi there Pterist - It depends on the scope of the involvement. If it was for information gathering like they claim, I see no issues. If they went around the earth promoting the UN as the "international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security" then we have hypocrisy.

Did they travel around the Earth promoting the UN as the "international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security"?

That is all the time I have for today. I will try and get back to the rest of the responses tonight if time permits.

Oh, to the ones that were vocal about my whereabouts for the last few days,

"up your nose with a rubber hose".

I have a life outside of the internet.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Change Name: "up your nose with a rubber hose"

Wow, what a stinging comeback!

You certainly put us all in our places. Your intellectual prowess is evidently quite formidable.

I don't know if I should be honored or insulted that I was not included in your responses?!?

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, how is your time going, now? Even though you do copy and paste, it still takes time to do individual replies, like you do.

My refusal to play your game shows that i am not brainwashed.

S

• franticfran
    franticfran

OOH my head hurts

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Change Name, I'm sorry for the emotional responses you got from some folks. If you are being honest (and I think you are), you need to be aware that this board has had a few JW apologists on it, and (allegedly) a few JW trolls, so the forum members here are often suspicious and very black-and-white in their impression of newbies. Also, a number of them have emotional trauma from their experiences. So yes, they are inclined to reject anything that the Witnesses say. But that doesn't mean there can't also be facts on their side.

Where/when did you folks "worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security" when you became an NGO/DPI for information gathering?

I found a very interesting list of articles that the Society published during the period they were an NGO, in which they appear to be advertising the UN's mission in a way that would meet the requirements of an NGO. Although they then go on to promote a Biblical hope in place of the U.N., the suggestion was that those introductory pieces could have been published so they could be sent in to the U.N. as proof they were fulfilling their required promotional activity.

I can't lay my hands on that web page at the moment, so if someone has a link it would be great.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

There's a good treatment of the positive UN articles on this JWfacts page under the subheading "Changing Tunes". I'm sure I saw a list somewhere, though....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit