Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome StevenJB. Ironic that you, as the innocent party, had been victimized. That is one of my major gripes with the WT. Pedophiles are given the benefit of the doubt, while their victims and their families must suffer the consequences. That's WT Justice for you. Everything of the best with your new relationship.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome Steve

We will support you on your journey. I am entering my 4th year of of "fading" so not disfellowshipped or disassociated...........yet. Lol

I have made wonderful friends here and have also met many members of this forum at the regular meet-ups held here in the UK.

Have sent you a PM.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome Steve.

Bangalore

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome Steve, I'm fairly new here as well. It sounds like your life is getting better away from the JW.

You have so many options now, away from the organization...good luck to you!

i look forward to hearing more of your story.....

• franticfran
    franticfran

Welcome Steve, now your life begins, so enjoy it.

• cedars
    cedars

Welcome on board Steve. You will find a healthy contingent on here are from the UK, myself included.

Cedars

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Welcome Steve.

You're at the start of a very interesting journey. It is curious that there is often some dramatic personal event that cracks the glass of the WTS and causes closer inspection of the entire Borganisation leading to the discovery that it is all actually deeply flawed.

Try not to be become angry or bitter but focus you energy on learning as much as you can about them. If you can chalk your lessons down to experience it will be much better for you in the long run.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Steve, we have a secret FB group for UK ExJWs - as Amelia has stated we try and arrange a few meet-ups each year (at least here in the South), and there also a meetup.com groups for midlands and manchester areas. If you want any more info feel free to respond on my email address which I shall PM you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hi Steve and A BIG WELCOME. One thing you need to know about us- we won't abandon you because you think differently or were divorced or dating outside or anything. Enjoy your life. While it is tough to look at, those elders might have done you a favor and opened your eyes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MUM/Sandra: In 1979, I realized that the Big A may not come for decades, and that I needed to prepare to live into old age. Look who was right!

Congrats Sandra (it took me another 34 years!)

And, WELCOME STEVE.

Sounds like you got a jumpstart on it!

You should thank them for treating you so badly, or else you might still be "IN".

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit