Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi Steve and WELCOME. I do understand how you feel. Our family has been thru hell with elders. I'll let you in a little secret that has helped me these past 6 months. People only have power over you if you ALLOW them to. I also understand about the 'conditional' love in the organization.

You may have some difficult days ahead, but just remember you do have friends here that have been thru some rough times and understand what you're going thru.

Feel free to ask any questions and make use of the 'search' button above where you will find just about every subject you can think of.

Peace be with you in your journey to find the real truth and your future Mrs.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Steve.Glad you found this site. Also glad your free from the cult.
    I would have died for it. But because I admitted I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably
    in 1914. They DF me for apostasy. I am happy for you,that you have found a new girlfriend.
    I am the Granny on board so my advice is GO SLOW! dont rush into Catholic religion for a woman
    even if your in love with her. I believe religion CAN be misleading, but Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY
    to Truth,,,,Ask HIM to guide ,lead,& direct you. We dont have to follow ANY man,Just the one that came
    from HIS Father to show us how to LOVE!!!!!
    I am mouthy, some time bossy, but at 85 years old all on here put up with me....even if they dont agree with me
    STEVE

Grace

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome.
    Marrying a foreign born lady from the PI will present new problems. I have heard that after the wedding to a Filipina you will discover you have 100 needy relatives overseas who will pressure you to help support her family- not helping out will result in loss of honor.____Moshe

Welcome Steven

I see you have been introduced to Moshe, He's kinda shy and reserved

It's like pullin' teeth to get him to tell you what he really thinks LOL

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Welcome!

• WifeyWHisme1970
    WifeyWHisme1970

Hi, glad you found this site! Im sorry you have been degraded by the empty hearted org. Best of hopes to you in all you do, wherever you go! Anywhere is better than there.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

StevenJB - I hope I can make genuine friends here and not pretend friends.....like that among JW's.

Welcome StevenJB, I hope that you can make uncondintional friends also. What do you like to do? If you are a born-in, what did you want to do as a child that you are able to do now? Have you thought about going places where you can meet people with similiar interest that you have?

I prefer to talk with and do fun activities with my friends. Too bad that JWN does not have a game room where members can enjoy playing interactive games with each other.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Loz x

• Scott77
    Scott77

"The answer.....no sister will want to marry me because I am not a Ministeral Servant and because I divorced my wife."
    StevenJB

Look! what the elder(s) said above. They have complete control over these sisters as if they are own properties, something to give and take. These sisters are human being and need freedom. Unfortunately, they will never get it. Iam glad you have found a someone you like most. There is no love among Jehovah's Witnesses. The way you was treated nonly only confirm who they are but also provides a powerful learning lesson for all of us. These men and women are addicted to what the GB tell them. Welcome. Its heartening to see that one time after another, we will get newbies. The unieque storie they bring along enrichs all of us.

Scott77

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome Steve, glad you finally saw sense and are being true to yourself. (I'm in the UK too)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Steve,I`m glad you have found this site and i hope you will look more into the doctrinal ,prophetical aspects of the religion and not just the emotional side of whats upset you .their is a wealth of information here . Welcome to freedom .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit