Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Steve :

welcome.

It was horrible what the elders told you... they have NO CLUE what empathy or love is ...

Enjoy life with someone who accepts you the way you are

Pearl

• StevenJB
    StevenJB

Hello everyone.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

It seems we have all had a negative experience in the so called truth. I only received a text yesterday from a 'brother' that asked if I was going to the assembly and if I needed a lift. To be fair he is the only one that has actually bothered to contact me. But my interest has completely gone.

For those that asked. My Filipino girlfriend is not a strict Catholic. She very rarely goes to church. She lives (or rather did live) near me, here in the UK.

Have I mentioned about being a JW? No, I do want to not worry about that and just try to make a fresh start in my life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Eventually StevenJB your going to have to tell the acquaintances that you've made at the Hall,

that you've respectfully have acquired different thoughts about the organization.

You don't have to go into great detail as much as you want to, if an elder drops by (Elders are on a bit of power trip)

Or go to plan B. and just make an excuse every time someone calls and don't go to meetings any more they

will eventually get the hint that your really not interested in the religion any more.

• moshe
    moshe
    My Filipino girlfriend is not a strict Catholic. She very rarely goes to church.

That all changes when children are born into a marriage-- happens to inactive JWs, too. Suddenly it's a battle royale as to where the kids go -- to a church or to the KH.

Steve, I am not being mean here, but just for a minute I am being the advocate for this Filipina lady who is totally unaware of your JW membership. Perhaps she has a very negative opinion of JWs. Do you suppose that obtaining the love and companionship of a woman under false pretenses is , shall we say, not honorable? When I was dating back in the mid 90's I never mentioned my former JW membership that ended in 1988- it wasn't relevant as I had joined a Baptist church in 1989.

JWs are fond of saying, the truth shall set you free. Why not start being truthful with yourself and stop lying to others- start with the JWs as to what you doing, stop being fearful of your activities outside the KH and if they don't like your lifestyle, so be it. To thine own self be true- anything else is a fake life.

If you keep reading the topics here you will learn enough in short order to know what you want to do--

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I only received a text yesterday from a 'brother' that asked if I was going to the assembly and if I needed a lift. To be fair he is the only one that has actually bothered to contact me. But my interest has completely gone."

Why do I get the idea that this brother is in charge of the cleaning assignment at the assembly and was trying to get you to come along and have to help?

• StevenJB
    StevenJB

Moshe

i don't really get what you re saying? I have told the elders not to contact me. I do not go to the meetings. My gf and I have spoken about religious belief. At the moment I do not feel the time is right to go into too much detail with her but it has been mentioned (very recently). I have not obtained any love or companionship under false pretences. If I am to be perfectly honest with you, I find that a hurtful statement, makes it sound like I am playing a game with her emotions.

Also....I think it is important to mention I did not meet her while still going to the meetings. I met her afterwards in a pub in Ascot. She was with some friends, I was with a couple of work mates. She and I started chatting and just clicked.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

There is little in the way of sources. Sometimes, for a particular document, an estimate may be based on 1. language. ( words and styles go in an out of fashion). 2. Writing style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit