Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Welcome Steve... You've been through alot, but in the end, you get the most precious thing in life, FREEDOM!!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Had to add my welcome and add that my grandaughters are half filipinos. Beautiful girls and I have a great Filipino son-in-law

• moshe
    moshe
    -she is originally from the Philippines

Welcome.
    Marrying a foreign born lady from the PI will present new problems. I have heard that after the wedding to a Filipina you will discover you have 100 needy relatives overseas who will pressure you to help support her family- not helping out will result in loss of honor. Before you marry a Catholic, look into converting to Catholicism for the sake of a unified home. If you can't do that, then you could be setting yourself up for future grief. The first step I advise is to write a letter to officially quit the WT religion.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Welcome Steve !

I too feel that the end of "this system" could be decades away.Or thousands of decades away..who nows.But isn't it good to live it free from the shackles of controlling religious cults.

Best of luck in your new life and new relationship!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome Steve. Enjoy your new life out of the kooky Watchtower, and happiness with your new woman.

• flipper
    flipper

Nice to have you here Steve ! You are among friends who have also uffered injustices from the JW organization and elders. Myself included. I'm really glad that you have found some happiness in a new relationship and are away from the harassment and backbiting of the organization. Been there, experienced it and it's crazy as hell to go through. Look forward to getting to know you my friend

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome Steve

Is it not ironic that you mention you think it may be decades away and you are tagged apostate while the WT says the same thing by pretty much taking the foot off the acelerator in talking about armageddon like they used to and stretching out the generation...

oz

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

Welcome Steve!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hi Steve!

I'm from Australia and I will be your friend! I just joined too, and am doing the 'fade'.

What a shame your 'friends' in the congregation cannot tolerate any diversity of opinions. It's better to keep opinions to yourself or risk the 'apostate' label and get the boot. At least with being inactive as you are, you can talk to JWs again if you want to catch up with someone down the track.

As for me, I've never had a really bad experience in the WT, but I've learned by degrees how much they crush the individual, suppress Christian freedom, and claim to be something they're not. The answers I believe, are in the Bible and it alone, so you and your new sweetheart can read it together free of any dogma.

• clarity
    clarity

Nice to have you here Steve.

Remember that people who try to make others look small,

have the worst self image ...they put others down to feel superior!

>

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit