Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, so glad you woke up to TTATT. I think most of us here went through tough times in leaving this organization, it is never easy. It must have been very difficult to get bad advice and be judged by people You thought were friends, but that is what happens in a cult, relationships are considered expendable.

I hope you new relationship works out. I moved two years to a community that has a large Filipino population, it has been a very positive experience, they are very nice people, very loving and family oriented.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Steve and another poster re Armageddon. If it's such a big deal why didn't Jesus mention it? Answer.......... it's not real.

Back in the early 1960's I was pioneering and this brother had me help him paint his house............ we got the first coat on and I mentioned we needed more paint for the second coat. He says nope we are just doing one coat because........... Armageddon is coming!

Wonder how that old house fared over the years.

Welcome New Ones!!

• moshe
    moshe

Now that you have had a taste of worldly freedom, Steve, I hope you continue your trek towards total freedom from all things , Watchtower. I think this best of link will help your girfriend better understand what can happen, if you are in a relationship with someone who still has a foot inside the KH door. Are you planning on skipping the Memorial this month? Good luck.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/77159/1/The-Best-of-Im-married-to-or-dating-a-JW

Easter is a big church day for Catholics- is your girlfriend a religious or nominal Catholic?

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandholidays/p/What_Is_Easter.htm

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello Steve--and a belated welcome.

i too am a Brit--living on the I o Wight

i too have a Pinay girfriend--who has been back there for the last 6 months, ( we talk often through facebook )

is your lady a resident here?--or an a short visa--a student visa?--if yes--welcome to a whole new world of UK misery. heres a link to a very useful site--i write on there as bigmac also

http://www.filipinouk.co.uk

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to the forum. The WTS measure success in the status of being a reg pio, a ms, or elder. Very sad!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!

• moshe
    moshe

What time do folks in the UK go to bed- 11pm?

• tiki
    tiki

Welcome Steve - take it easy - take your time.........don't jump into relationships.....be happy...:)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Steve and Welcome.

Yeah, Botchtower really doesn't want people gettin' married 'cause they don't want you havin' sex since that's time not spent in Field Serve-Us. And can lead to having children which, once again, limits any time you can commit to the Borganization.

I personally felt that the end if the system could be decades away.

The 'end of this system' has been 'decades' away ever since it was written. Armageddon is a fantasy... a demented dream from an old man that was either high on shrooms or had mental illness (or both).

As a child I was being told crap like 'You won't have to go to high school or need a career because the end of this system is very close now. And you won't grow old either.' That was decades ago. Armageddon did not come. Every day that dawns proves that Armageddon is a pile of BS. And every day, Botchtower is proven .... WRONG!

I am now approaching 50. My hair is going grey, my eyes are changing, my skin is starting to wrinkle, and I AM growing old. I am now closer to retirement than the beginning of my career that I didn't need.

Every single member of my family born on or before 1914 has died. Every single one. So in my family, 'this generation' HAS passed away.

My Dad said to me a couple of years ago, "Heaven, I don't want to die." I said to him "Dad, I don't want you to die either. But none of us gets out of this life alive. Not one single person. And there's nothing anyone can do about that." I think he was starting to realize that what he had been told for years was not true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit