Hello. I am new here :)

by StevenJB 66 Replies latest jw friends

• StevenJB
    StevenJB

Hello all.

my name is Dteve and I live in the UK

I hope I can make genuine friends here and not pretend friends.....like that among JW's.

I left, went back, and have left again, but this time it is for good. Why? Well 3 years ago I discovered my wife (sorry, now ex-wife) was having an affair. I discovered but was being pressured by the Elders not to divorce her. So I tried to work things out, but she carried on. So I filed for divorce. Thankfully my ex-wife eventually admitted to the affair.

Anyway, to cut a long story short in the three years since things have been said that have been hurtful. I was accused of apostate thinking because I said that it was possible and I personally felt that the end if the system could be decades away. By all accounts that was against the society. So many turned against me. Those in my own congregation disconnected from me in FaceBook and would not even talk to me. Nevertheless I carried on going to the meetings and on the ministry.

Then a few months ago (about October 2012) I spoke in confidentiality to an elder just to mention that I am finding it hard being alone and would like to marry again. The answer.....no sister will want to marry me because I am not a Ministeral Servant and because I divorced my wife. I was shocked. Not only was I feeling unwanted with in the congregation but then to be made to feel worthless....that was the final straw. I have not been to a meeting since then, nor contacted any of the witnesses. None of them have contacted me since either. But you know what I do not care. Last month (January 2013) I met a lovely, beautiful girl....she is originally from the Philippines...she accepts me for who I am. She is Catholic....oh dear! Dating a girl from the religion that JW's seem to hate the most. Did that sound cynical? Hehehe!

Anyway, enough of my whinging and moaning.

I hope I can get to know a few of you here. At the moment I do not seem to be able to edit my profile.

Steve :(

• StevenJB
    StevenJB

Not Dteve....Steve D'OH!

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Steve, welcome to JWN - always good to have more Brits.

Congratulations on your new relationship. The best revenge is to have a happy life.

Make yourself at home, you may be surprised by some of the things you will discover about the Watchtower.

Have you had a browse around JWFacts.com yet?

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Sorry you were treated so badly.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Welcome Steve. Glad you are out! Wish you the best in your love life! My wife is half Filipino, so we have something in common haha. Although you may never meet face to face with anyone here, most here will be there for you in words. Trust me, you will learn so much here.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Steve! Congrats on your awakening.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Welcome Steve! It's not a very tall order to hope to find better friends here than on the inside, like the elder who "helped" you. I hope your expectations are far surpassed in that regards. Best wishes with your new lady friend!

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, Steve. Welcome aboard. This boat of not knowing all the answers can get rocky, but it's more fun than living a fantasy that will never come true.

In 1979, I realized that the Big A may not come for decades, and that I needed to prepare to live into old age. Look who was right!

Regards,

SandraC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

funny how their judgemental attitute drives people away!

I, too (when young) was put down by the gals because I was not a bethellite/pioneer (here in the NY/NJ area, it seemed the norm back then)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Steve...You can change - correct spelling, after you post.

On the top line, at the end, there is a little yellow pencil, just hit it and you will have a total of 30 minutes from when you first posted, to make corrections.

I am glad you are happy again.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit