At JW.Org, for kids, a connect the dots coloring page of Lot's wife turning into salt.

by Theocratic Sedition 88 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hope those poor babies hold it together when their asked to pass the table salt at the dinner table

• sd-7
    sd-7

I compare this to how 'the world' makes coloring books. Even with characters like Batman and Superman, where there would be violence in their actual stories (comics, movies, etc.), they have better sense than to make a Joker coloring book where he's slaughtering people with toxic gas. It's just common sense not to do that.

Why not use the same reasoning as for not wearing a cross here? If a faithful JW lost his mate in a grisly death, even if she was unfaithful, would you make a coloring book page out of her crime scene photo and have your kids connect the dots? It would be very upsetting.

Think of this. In the resurrection, Lot would presumably come back, and how would he feel if he sees this image--the death of his wife as a kids' drawing activity? At best, this would be grossly offensive to him, as surely her death would have grieved him greatly. But that's where we hit a wall of reality, isn't it? Because you see, maybe, maybe not even the Society expects to see Lot again. If their teachings were real to them, I can't see them in good conscience approving such usage of this woman's death.

Oooh, wait...what am I thinking? When it comes to cold-hearted stuff, the Society is absolute zero. So this isn't any more barbaric than the actual deaths they are directly responsible for, is it?

--sd-7

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I wonder what a child psychologist would make of this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because the picture is in the the Bible Stories book, but this seems to be even worse. Instead of just looking at a picture of a woman killed by God, now the children are actively involved, recreating the picture, as if they are trying to get children hardened to the idea of God slaughtering people.

Creepy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well starting at a young age guarentees the mind control sets in. I still deal with crap with my wife. During the economic downtourn, she was freaking out as if prophacy was getting fullfilled. Parents have no idea what kind of an impact this has on young ones. Rather than saving for collegew, parents should just save up for their kids therapy

• tiki
    tiki

if any parent honestly believes this to be a beneficial "teaching instrument" they should be castrated. this is just so - well, i read it first here and couldn't believe it - and went to the website and found it is indeed out there...plus so much other absolultely warped material... the lows to inflict guilt, misery and coersion are beyond appalling. and poor little silly kids who just need to grow up in a safe happy environment....despicable.....i really think they are worsening.....this is just taking it too far.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why not use the same reasoning as for not wearing a cross here?_____sd_7

The WTS reasonin' for the cross is a big fail

The cross became the means for the way ( Jesus ) of salvation

Jesus obeyed his Father through his sacrifice on the cross

Lot's wife turnin' to salt was becuase she disobeyed

Jehovah's Witnesses are enemies of the cross because they reject it ( Phillipians 3:18 )

I wouldn't advise showin' very young children Jesus bloodied on the cross

in a coloring book or even a print out

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I wouldn't advise showin' very young children Jesus bloodied on the cross
    in a coloring book or even a print out

I think that's what underscores my point--not even the source of salvation (something positive, in the long run) should be presented that way, so why do it for anything else?

--sd-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I hope those poor babies hold it together when their asked to pass the table salt at the dinner table.....WasBlind

Lot`s wife`s..

Drivers License Photo..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

maybe that episode is what set the trend for saving your descendants remains in a jar. what was lot's wifes name? pepe?

• Sulla
    Sulla

I think it's kinda cool -- she's, like, really scared and all. Must hurt to be salt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit