Resigned being an elder

by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

To paraphrase Neil Sedaka, Waking up is hard to do.

Oh, you mean:

Dumb Dubby you're dumb dumb

crummy crummy Dum Dubby you Dum Dum....

They say that waking up.....is .....hard to do

Now I know--I know that's it true

Dubs preach "soon it will end"

instead of being shaken up I'm glad that I am wakin' up

• steve2
    steve2

Nice one Terry, I'm sure though you left out a Dubby Dub or two A great song and nicely meaningful re-wording. You are so right: Waking up is hard to do - even harder over time I'd say than breaking up.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good on you for resigning, but just be very very careful with what comes out of your mouth dude. Don't make any hasty moves or utterances. Just play it really really cool. Absorb all the knowledge and then do nothing for a while, just let it percolate in your mind for a time. Don't jeopardise your lovely family and relationship with your little infant for anything. Don't push it with your wife, respect your perspective. Its better to be happy than to be right sometimes, at least for now perhaps.

• designs
    designs

Welcome. Hope all goes well on your journey.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You have started a good thread here Subytrek..........Welcome.

You nailed it there Ding..................I lived through the whole 1975 fiasco & it was exactly as you succinctly put it.

Hoab

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome, nice to have you on board.

He remembers being told that his children wouldn't even have to go to school but now I have a family of my own and he has granchildren. This org. has told so many lies and used up and wasted peoples lives.

So many of the last generation did not really believe, but kept on going "just in case it is the truth." It has to end some time, and I am glad that people of your generation are now stepping aside so that your children do not have to go through the same mental torture of "what if it is the truth, I don't want to die at armageddon."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC, I'd love to take credit for that question, but it was Gayle, not me. I've got a lot of confidence that subytrek has got it together.

My apologies to you, Gayle! I agree asking questions is the strategy to take. Not trying to wake them up all at once with what you've learned.

Jgnat, could not have confused you with a kinder, more sincere lady. But apologies for the error. You have some wonderful insight from your position.

Musta been the gin.

Doc

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

WELCOME!

I just somehow lost what I wrote you! I just wanted to say that I am happy to see that you are getting out so young. My husband and I got out when we were in our early 30's. We wanted our children to be somewhat normal in school. Going to school as a JW does permanent damage to a child....believe me when I say that.

We have been able to enjoy life and are even building our little dream house in the mountains. We are in early retirement and on a narrow bridge with our budget. But we are not afraid. We are enjoying life each and every day here and now.

My mother kept saying to me.....I will have lots of children in the paradise earth....I will learn to play the piano in the paradise earth.....I will learn to skate like Peggy Fleming in the paradise earth....everything was on hold until the paradise earth....how sad.

Enjoy life now and your child too!!! My husband and I will be thankful every time we look at those beautiful mountains that we are able to do that and had the courage to get out of a bad situation....

Strawberry

• subytrek
    subytrek

Again, thanks for all the comments and advice. I will try to take it as slow as I can. It will be interesting to see how people treat me after the announcement is made and especially after the elders realize I won't be reaching out again. I also need to take it slow with my wife because even though she agrees with a lot of issues I've pointed out she still thinks it's the closest thing to the truth and wants to wait on Jehovah to clean it out. My dad sort of thinks along the same lines. I had similar thoughts earlier but the more I read on here and Ray Franz's books and other books the more I believe it's just a bunch of men making up stuff. But I have to tread carefully since I don't want to lose it all.

• subytrek
    subytrek

To Strawberryfieldsforever - What you said about having children struck a chord with me. I remember my wife wanting to have children but wanting to wait until Paradise. I had already started having doubts about when the end would come since it was already almost a hundred years of waiting so I started encouraging her to think about starting a family now. I am glad we started. She is now talking about having another one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit