Resigned being an elder

by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Lovely to have you Suby ...and hopfully your wife in the future.

>

Finding out that you have been defrauded ...is painful,

but there is this wonderful lift of your shoulders... aahhhhhh,

and that perceptable excitement in your gut ... that tells you

oh yeah ......I'm out of HERE!

>

All the best to your whole family

clarity

• SophieG
    SophieG

Welcome!!!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! There will be great days and very low days. My wife and I saught some pharmaceutical help to help us through the first few months.

Nothing crazy, just explained my situation to my family practice doctor. "leaving cult, may lose family, may be shunned, feel panicked often and way too stressed out" of course I exaggerated some as I am going to take it very slow, but honestly the anti anxiety meds have helped immensely as I quit drinking when I realized TTATT...

Welcome! Remember how young you are, you have your whole life ahead of you. Take it slow. Come up with a good budget and retirement plan, college fund and all that. Good luck friend.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

A warm welcome to you .

Now you can be intellectually honest .

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome Subytrek. Always great to have another one out of the Borg. Peace to you & your family to have a normal life where YOU make the decisions. It may be difficult in the near future for you, but just remember it's our Shepherd Jesus that we hear calling and follow, not imperfect men that want to be our mediators and saviors

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

You get to live your own life now, rather than the life of an unpaid salesperson peddling mags.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Welcome Subytrek!

Tap into the wisdom and support here. There are a bunch of us ex-elders and even a few current ones. There are members with spouses and kids that are asleep in the Org and they are, were, or or have tried to liberate them. Some have succeeded,others sadly have not.

You are not alone!

• whisme1970
    whisme1970

Heres to hoping today is a new beginning for you and yours Subytrek. Take today for today. Happy to hear you have some support with your family.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Subytrek your path is very similar to mine. I hope that you may be totally free of this religion, along with your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit