by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** not sure what field I want to get into***

Computers span all industries

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Subytrek, welcome.

Dude, you made it out alive!!!! Consider yourself very-very lucky, especially with the missuz almost in tow!

A big high-five and cheers to that .

-Yan

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome and glad to hear how your dad and wife have an open mind over this. Look forward to future posts.

• subytrek
    subytrek

Lied2NoMore - I hope I don't become too much of a target. I will use the discouragement and pressure card and probably have to make a certain amount of meetings and field service for a while before I can completely disappear.

I also notice the push for younger men to become MS and elders. I was one of them, appointed at 27 to be an elder. I thought I was young and I only accepted because I thought Jehovah was asking me. I still believed it all. Interestingly, my wife at the time told me she thought I was too young and didn't want me to be an elder. Also, one of the last elder meetings I went to the COBE pushed hard to recommend a young brother to be a MS in our cong. He is a good young man but he is only 16. The other elders didn't go along with it for a few reasons but the main one was he was too young. The COBE said that was not a good reason. But, if you look at the scriptures the org. refers you to dealing with elder and MS qualifications they don't speak of teenagers. They talk about men, husbands of one wife, etc. The COBE really wanted to recommend him though. I saw that as the org. getting desperate.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome

Go nice and slow with your wife. If she agrees with some of the problems you've pointed out......you're on the right path. Just don't go too fast or she'll hunker down and throw up the shield

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congratulations subytrek

You don't have to belong to ANY religious organization if you don't want to thankfully in this modern age.

Obviously you've seen the corruption/deceit and the personal damage it can cause people on so many levels.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Welcome to our little community in cyberspace, subytrek! I am very glad to see you taking steps to leave this cult for good and all. I also hope your dear wife accompanies you on this journey. I also look forward to your input and contributions here as I’m sure they will help many others.

Quendi

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Congratulations and welcome to the rest of YOUR life!

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

Welcome, subytrek!
    I almost at the same boat. I prepared letter to step down as an elder next week during CO visit and will fade with my wife, who supports me. We also have been at foreign lang. cong., so I understand you very very good.
    Hopefully, thing will go smooth for you!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I love it when a plan comes together,..

Marked,..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit