Resigned being an elder

by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Congratulations Subytrek, and welcome to the board.

I admire men in positions of responsibility who, based on a good conscience, decide they can no longer serve in that capacity. It's easy to stay put and go with the flow!

Your wife's openness to examining 'the truth about the truth' along with you is a remarkable thing.

All the best to both of you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JGNAT: What does she think about that?

That is probably the most effective means of opening someone's eyes.

Ask THEM the question and make them consider how to answer it and research it and let them discover on their own that it is a unanswerable question (unless they face TTATT).

If you try to TELL them, they will usually "shut down".

Doc

Welcome to the Red Pill Consortium (Matrix reference)

• Bella15
    Bella15

Congratulations! I am glad your child is still little.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. I wish you a happy and cult free future for you and your family.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Welcome, subytrek!

It must have been a difficult desicion to make, but I'm glad you decided to step down. Spending more time with your family and working on other things will prove much more beneficial. Luckily, your child is very young still. You were born in but it is now in your hands to make sure that won't happen with your baby.

Your family seems like they will be much more receptive to TTATT than many other JWs. Best wishes for you and your family.

• jgnat
    jgnat

DOC, I'd love to take credit for that question, but it was Gayle, not me. I've got a lot of confidence that subytrek has got it together.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

GoodSoul and Wife...Yay! Another one starts a new and better life!

Watch Tower Society 7 1/2 million seat warmers minus 2 Thinking people! and 3 Gold Stars

Just Lois

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to our world...of freedom. Sounds like it will be no time at all until you are out completely. It is worth it, believe it.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Subytrek!

I've sent you a PM.

To access your private messages, click on the little envelope in the upper right corner of the screen.

If you get an error message, click on it again.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Welcome to you subytrek.

'although I have lurked here for a couple years.......my curiosity overcame my fear of so-called apostate website so here I am.'

There are no doubt many other JW elders who are visitying this website with similar doubts and likewise curious. To all you elders who are lurking we say welcome. You'd be surprised how many of us here are very much like you.

So just as subytrek did, step up and lets' get acquainted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit