Resigned being an elder

by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Happy to hear and very glad for you. I bet you feel like a ton of bricks has finally lifted from your back. You are young and have plenty of time to make a life for yourself and hopefully for your family apart from the org.

warm regards

• scotoma
    scotoma

Remember that all religions are lying!

JW's are just a high involvement group that ask for a lot more sacrifice. But time in any religion is wasted.

Don't do what so many do. They leave JW's and move on to the next love-bombing bunch of hypocrites.

Be glad that you are young enough to rebuild your life. Remember your life is short and you've already wasted enough on religion.

• franticfran
    franticfran

Welcome subytrek,this is a brilliant forum with the kindest of people who actualy do care about whats happening to you and your family,so dont worry,you are going to be fine now, there is always a listening ear here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Subytrek!!!

You have done the biggest part. Standing down as an elder will take 90% of the pressure and the expectations of of you. Your body of Elders evidently have accepted it and advised Bethel. When they take from you your copy of Shepherding The Flock....Book - then you know that it is final!.. I photocopied a few juicy pages first.

Hopefully you can then be allowed to fade out from the Org. without hassle. Lets hope that Sis Subytrek comes with you.......

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Subytrek,

Welcome!! I'm sure once the announcement is made, it will feel like a weight off your shoulders. Many here have walked similar paths. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat.

Hope all goes well with your wife and your fade!

• Splash
    Splash

When they ask for your book back, tell them you already sold it on ebay!

Welcome!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well Done and welcome.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome and Greetings from Florida

• subytrek
    subytrek

Thanks for all the comments. When I spoke to the body of elders I made no mention of doubts so I'm safe there. I just told them I needed more time with my family which is actually true. I already feel that a weight has been lifted. I had been doing the TMS school, a service meeting part almost every week, a public talk every month and this was all in a foreign lang. cong. Of course, the COBE said that when I felt ready I could be reappointed within 6 months right back to an elder. That is not going to happen.

To comatose - Thankfully, I wasn't completely gung ho for the org. and actually got a 2 year degree and have saved for 10 years already for retirement and plan on keeping it up. My wife got a 2 year degree also before I met her. She has been encouraging me to go back to college for a 4 year degree. I kind of want to but not sure what field I want to get into. I am doing a lot more thinking which I can actually do now that I'm off the treadmill.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I want to say congrats and well done, but two things concern me. Based on my quitting as a servant I think you become a target of suspicion way more easily. So bad for you. Also what bothers me is the org begging for men to reach out has netted some pretty young new meat to fill positions that are vacated. Last weekends assembly a young guy looking all of 17 was introduced as an elder. It was all the control I could muster to not say holy shit! Out loud. Wish you all my best in your exit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit