Resigned being an elder

by subytrek 86 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done suby.

Metaphorically tell them to F.O.A.D!

• minimus
    minimus

SUby, I suggest you slowly acclimate your wife to your new goals. If the two of you are on the same page, continue going to meetings and start missing some here and there. The summer is coming and many JWs go on vacation. That's when I made my move. I stopped during the Summer months and by September, when everyone came back, it dawned on them, we were gone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The best way to leave this mind controlling publishing cult is to leave quietly out the back door, particularly if you have immediate

family you want to have a continuing relationship with, if they are highly devoted and controlled then they will certainly begin to look at you

totally different.

Be prepared and don't forget to be respectful and smile while your conversing with any JWS family or not.

All the best

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome!! Be sure to treat the wife to a little vacation!

• Fernando
    Fernando

I fear the self-assuming Sanhedrin's increasingly bad attitude just may start an avalanche of awakenings to TTATT.

A hearty warm welcome subytrek!

(2 Timothy 3:9 in relation to pseudo-mediators or VISIBLE golden calves: "Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all".)

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome subytrek, I'm glad that you have read Raymond Franz's books to confirm your suspicions about the WTBTS. Have you read Steve Hassan's book (i..e, "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", or (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visited his website?

After reading Steve Hassan's 1st book, I was able to understand why JWs act the way they do and how to communicate better with them. Don't take my word about how Steve Hassan can help you with awakening your wife and parents. You can watch his videos to help you decide whether he will be able to help you before you read his book(s). His video "(2003) Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue a loved ones from unhealthy situations" contains a lot of useful information and takes about an 1 hour and 22 minutes to watch.

Best of wishes for your successful fade and I hope that you and your wife will grow together instead of apart.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Would you be in a position to switch congregations to facilitate your fade? I was fading, then went inactive when I moved away to university.

There are mental and emotional adjustments to make along the way. I went through counselling. But I sure don't miss being an elder. Such a waste of time and energy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit