Forum Owner and Member Integrity

by Simon 95 Replies latest forum announcements

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Simon,

Will the new forum software prevent my computer from catching a virus from the ads on JWN? Or, at least have an easily accessible security good-practises section that members can read to keep up to date on the latest security issues.

I spent $100 to get rid of malware nofitying me that my computer had a virus from a JWN ad. I did not know that the best-practise was to close pop-up ads by left clicking on the icon in the Windows banner and selecting close there instead of clicking on the "X" in the pop-up window.

Regards,

Robert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just curious..

Why would you Answer a Malware Pop Up?..

It`s like Replying to a Nigerian Email saying..

You`ve got 1 Million Dollars you Need to Collect..

LOL!!..

............................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks for your hard work Simon.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

@Cedars: I wasn't criticizing anyone using a fake profile on Facebook - I was just mentioning that it does happen. I wasn't implying that there is anything wrong with that OR that these ones are the 'spies'. I was just mentioning it in passing ;)

• Wholly
    Wholly

Hello Simon and thank you for accepting my registration. This is my first post here. At some point, when I become acclimated to the site I will post an introduction thread. For now, I just want to thank you and the community for being here.

I am not and have never been a baptized JW. I do, however, have two family members who are and I have begun scouring the web for practical information regarding TWBTS, Inc. to help me learn how to begin breaking the spell they are under.

I studied decades ago but could not bring myself to commit even though my parents did and pressured me to do the same. Recently, I thought I was divinely led back to the JW's and started a new Bible study. My study lasted six weeks. I terminated it 2 days ago when I learned about the UN/NGO incident, which led me here (and elsewhere on the net.)

I am grateful to have found and been accepted into your community. I hope I will be permitted to remain a member. If not, I will still read the comments from the membership as they have already provided me with more information than I ever thought possible to find.

Regards,

Wholly

• mP
    mP

@ROber, grab Firefox or Chrome and use the Adblockers that are avialable on both browser shops.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Wholly!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, Wholly!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I too would like to thank Simon for 13 years of hard work. It wasn't easy but damned you've weathered it like a champ.

Cheers mate.

Slippy

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Did anyone know that this was a pro JW website. If you say anything negitive about the JWs Simon would say cool it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit