• Scott77
    Scott77

Simon, great job.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

He really HAS done a great job!

• NCO
    NCO

As someone who was here back in the old days, I would never forgive myself if I didn't give Simon some respect for what he created so many years ago. I'm not saying you have to agree with his politics nor his sometimes rash judgements as a forum administrator. I certainly haven't and still do not agree with everything he's said and done. Simon can be quite hard to get along with when you get on his bad side or he gets on yours. I think that's the one absolute fact of life that both he and I will always agree upon.

However never let it be said that his integrity is in any way compromised when it comes to his love for the community of ex-JW's. He set out to create a safe haven with this forum and has sought to keep it that way ever since. I have a lot of respect for him for what he's done and continues to do.

I can't believe sometimes that it has been so many years that this one forum has been up and running. It used to be THE place to be. Other forums came and went (with a salute to my old friend Slippy) and some of them were a bit more fun if you didn't mind blood on the floor (moment of silence for the forum that used to be "shall not be mentioned") but in the end this one survived.

Hooah.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Simon and Angharad, I've sent you PMs.

• cedars
    cedars

Bumping so that Simon and Angharad are aware of the PMs.

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"The Ex Jehovah's Witness Recovery 3 Facebook group is being watched. We found that out last week when two elders showed up at someone's door telling her they knew she was participating on the group, as was her sister. They were looking to find a time to confront the second person as well. I guess we'll see what comes of it.

This website is much safer and more secure because of its high level of anonymity. On Facebook it's a whole different world and with new people joining just about every day, the likelihood of there being JW spies is quite high. The general consensus is LET THEM! Who knows maybe they will even learn something, but it does make some people pretty nervous and some are using fake profiles out of fear."

I don't understand this. Are you letting new people in in a secret group every day? This does not work. You have to check out every potential member. Some people are really naive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit