If there is a God why didn't he sign our DNA

by scotoma 153 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

What did you find interesting about Meyer's book Yadda?

Are you really recommending Intelligent Design?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Tell me what to do AG so I can luxuriate in the bliss the lord pours out on to you.

How did you win the lucky strike?

• prologos
    prologos

Entirely Possible: On the "God signature" question: I turned to you because, after having read the books I still have these lingering, simple questions. You seem to have a knack to come up with clear definite answers, better questions. so:

The one question still that is still out there:

How long was there nothing before there was something?---

On movement through time: in a thought experiment:

If three DNA researchers (to tie in topic), one for each dimension , are sitting in a mobile laboratory and looking out they agree that together the 3 of them are moving, is the group moving through space? along its dimensions? they could see others move in different directions, different speeds?

As everybody now looks at their watches, ( observes the changing DNA), can they agree that they are moving? through time? everything everywhere in space is seen moving along in the same direction in time. ergo: space and its content appear to move, expand irreversably through time. no? but:

It appears, that was not always so. at the beginning of the cosmos, this movement through time started from zero . VARIED movement through time started. recall the "inflationary period" of the universe. slowing of the movement through time at high speeds, strong gravity. is this view correct? if not, how? why?

help me learn.

the only certainty I see is that as the new questions of cosmic acceleration (time squared), dark matter, dark energy are begging for solution, in the process we will have better questions still. even on the signature in DNA.

only on that, my mind is made up. thank you.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

It's very simple. Lets say there is a God/Creator. Yes, lets assume there are actual written words in the DNA: "Made by ....."

Now what?

Think about your answer. How does it affect your PRESENT Life?

Does he (or she? why "he"?) want something from you/me PERSONALLY?

If yes, what is it? To be moral? Not murdering, stealing, harming others? Well, we figured that one out, without him/she/it telling us. But if there is something else, how can we know what it is?

What will he do with us? Will he kill millions and reward millions? Why? How do you get to these conclusions?

Oooooh, I see, the Bible! Why didn't he communicate with us through the Quran or other Holy books? Or the Watchtower?

Back to square one...

DNA > Complex > Needs complex Designer > Complex > Needs complex Designer > Complex > Needs complex Designer....(Flow overstack error).

The sentence "existed from indefinite time to indefinite time" is taken straight out of the Bible. We don't know that idea from any other Book. So, the Bible & Christians are the only ones with clear, correct information from the Creator?

Back to square one...

• jws
    jws

Funny idea, signing the DNA.

So going with this concept, I'm picturing God like a director, slipping some easter egg into a movie for the fan-boys to geek out on. Oh, Oh, did you see in Temple of Doom, the club that Indiana Jones is in is called Club Obi Wan? - something like that?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good inside joke now and then. But how exactly do you sign DNA? From what I recall, it's a pattern of 3 or 4 types of molecules. So how would you insert text? Some sort of ASCII code to represent letters? And that assumes humans later invent the same code. And that EBCDIC didn't win out as the standard we'd recognize. And what language is it in? Could be there already in some dead language, perhaps with a character set not represented by ASCII, EBCDIC, or Unicode. Maybe it's there and you have to "Bible Code" it to see it, using ancient sumerian.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Personally I believe our DNA is one of his many signatures found hidden in plain sight in nature.

It is more easily recognised when our level of transpersonal intelligence is high.

In other words when we have been granted the free gift of faith by Holy Spirit.

In other words once our spiritual eyes have opened wide.

In other words once the (spiritual) lights have been switched on.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I was just watching a documentary and they said that a mathematical genius took the letters of the tetragrammaton YHVH and did a long drawn out calculation & formula, his conclusion?

The formula for the YHVH? = human DNA

I'll see if i can find that again and post it

• wolfman85
  • Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

wolf,

Are those socks drying on a clothing line?

• scotoma
    scotoma

I never thought this pathetic post would get this much traction.

The fact is that no designer has inserted an unambiguous signature into human DNA (yet).

There is no God except by definition. And by definition evolution is god.

You've never met evolution. Evolution is still an unsolved mystery as is most of the universe. Evolution reveals some of it's information. It seems to be mirauclous in its effects. Evolution doesn't literally speak audible words but it has an active force that resonnates with anyone devoted to the scientific method. Evolution has a prophetic function. Evolution teaches us how to behave based on what works. Evolution helps people who help themselves. If you want to pray to evolution you can. You can beseech evolution. You can set up tests to discover its intentions. Evolution talks through petri dishes to those who have learned how to read them. The results it gives forth may puzzle you at times. But you can have faith to keep searching knowing the reward is often great. Evolution cures some of the sick but not all. Evolution is teaching us how to build organs from stem cells. Evolution tells us how to deal with evolving viruses. Our brains and thought processes are tiny worlds of evolution following a path of billions of little trial and error experiments.

But don't insult evolution by thinking it is a person. God of religion is by definition a person (personality). You ought to expect something a little more personal from "a person". Person's have a social environment held together with audible voice, visible smiles, angry glares, kisses and hugs on a continuing basis. This is what is called the "social fabric". God of religion does not participate in society. He doesn't even text us. And when I say "us" I mean our social milieu. Those who have conditioned themselves to think that god communicates telepathically are simply crazy. Such a god is defined by the egotism of the person who believes they are so "special".

I am convinced that the only thing that can settle this is for God to actually appear.

Or else aliens will finally arrive here through some as yet unknown physical law and announce to mankind that most advanced civilizations gave up a belief in God several million years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit