If there is a God why didn't he sign our DNA

by scotoma 153 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Todays scientists can and do insert their trademark into DNA.

Why couldn't Jehovah anticipate scientists learning this technique and stumbling across a strand that says "Human by YHWH"?

That would have answered a lot of questions.

He could have even included a model number Human2.0

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

However we now know it was the other way around... 'YHWH by humans'

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

he loves a good mystery.. haven't you been paying attention to his ways?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Or write it on the moon. Really big letters.

Excellent question.

• cofty
    cofty

I hope believers don't dismiss this as a frivolous question. It would have been so easy for god to write anything in our DNA.

The hiddenness of god is a very strong argument against theism.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What would be the point of faith in God if eventually man got to discover some kind of absolute proof like that? Isn't faith valuable to God?

• cofty
    cofty

Why should faith be valuable to god?

What a strange thing to value. What about kindness or compassion or loyalty?

Why should god value a person's ability to assent to unlikely ideas?

• scotoma
    scotoma

Jehovah is occult - hidden.

The Bible is full of possibilities where Jehovah could have done things more intelligently.

Why have the Israelites die while fighting their enemies when a single angel could kill 185,000 in one night?

Why have the trauma of killing men women and children with the sword as was done to the Amorites?

Why weren't the Israelites given a command to boil the water?

Why not cure a stadium full of down syndrome children and couple that with a pronouncement of some sort?

Since his prime objective is to make his name known throughout the earth couldn't he have found amazing ways to accomplish this?

• scotoma
    scotoma

Faith is a place holder for knowledge.

If you have the knowledge then you can use faith for obtaining more knowledge.

Do you want a Doctor that you can have faith in or do you want to get cured of your disease.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Wow, I could have typed all day and never came close to putting things as succinctly and plainly as Cofty's post #7380, above. I may print that out and frame it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit