If there is a God why didn't he sign our DNA

by scotoma 153 Replies latest jw friends

• MsD
    MsD

Lol.... God isn't like us human beings. We want to be recognized for our accomplishments. Big or small.

Isn't the universe grand enough to realize it didn't arise from just nothing?!

There's just so much we don't know... How can we be certain that there is no creator?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What would be the point of faith in God if eventually man got to discover some kind of absolute proof like that? Isn't faith valuable to God?
    Why should faith be valuable to god?
    What a strange thing to value. What about kindness or compassion or loyalty?
    Why should god value a person's ability to assent to unlikely ideas?

Why should any of you assume you know what God thinks or should think about anything?

For me, I have a sense of justice and fairness. SERIOUSLY, if God isn't just or fair then he isn't better than a satan or a demon. Beyond love, justice and fairness, and his taking all extenuating circumstances into account, I don't dwell much on what God might be thinking or feeling. I can imagine he must be both happy and upset over things that go on here on earth. I don't assume he has to step in and save people from every perilous situation and if he doesn't then that is proof that he is non-existent. There could be very good reasons why he does not step in. How do I know?

I don't require that hGod had to sign DNA to make himself more obvious to doubters. I'm thinking anyone would understand there will be doubters and non-believers in the face of zero to any varying amounts of evidence. People are skeptical creatures. What is evidence to me of God's existence isn't necessarily evidence to other people. And what is evidence of God's existence to some people isn't necessarily evidence to me. It's personal, really, what we each view as lack of evidence or proof that God exists.

• Tater-T
  • Tater-T
    Tater-T
    Isn't the universe grand enough to realize it didn't arise from just nothing?

Yet God is grander than the universe and you accept he arose from nothing

still no one answers how or why FAITH is a value

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

No, he didn't arise from nothing, he is from time indefinate to time indefinate, he has no beginning and no end, he is the cause of everything and nothing caused him, he just is.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Probably not. Most people who are believers believe there was no beginning to God.

One can twist the brain into knots trying to figure out what would have been here before the material universe. That includes any kind of particles or atoms, any and all, or energy. And what of an endless, dark vacuum of emptiness, complete, absolute emptiness where nothing existed material or energy? And so either the case for a godless beginning to our universe, or to the ever existence of God with no beginning, both can bring about a lot of dizzying hypothesis.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Exactly, it's impossible for us to comprehend either way, at least at the present time.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

“In 5 billion years, the expansion of the universe will have progressed to the point where all other galaxies will have receded beyond detection. Indeed, they will be receding faster than the speed of light, so detection will be impossible. Future civilizations will discover science and all its laws, and never know about other galaxies or the cosmic background radiation. They will inevitably come to the wrong conclusion about the universe......We live in a special time, the only time, where we can observationally verify that we live in a special time.”
    ? Lawrence M. Krauss, A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather Than Nothing

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Faith is used as a poor excuse for ignorance.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    God's 'signature' is the Spirit, His Son and the life given to us; and love.

THANK you, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). Unfortunately, many miss... and most refuse to accept... the truth of what this means: that He didn't "make" all of us. Some have another's "signature" on them. By there chagrin, you can't always tell, though, what those who are not are truly angry ABOUT. Are they angry because they believe He IS their Father... but feel He has perhaps "neglected" them (which is not the case at all, but rather a period of "Lama sabathani"... where we are allowed to PROVE who WE are... without the "hedge" that a father would normally put around a son)? Or are they angry because they DO have another "father"... and their anger is simply a manifestion of HIS "spirit" in them?

Of course, they will say they don't believe in God at all... but it simply isn't rational, IMHO, to be angry with something... or someone... that/who doesn't exist... or to ask "why"... or opine... as to what such a thing or person would or would not do.

Sort of like me wondering why the 49'rs lost the Superbowl. The forty-who?? The Super what?? Not even on my radar, much less a topic for discussion.

Denial is a funny thing... and a truthful anagram: Don't Even kNow It's A Lie.

Peace, dear one!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit