If there is a God why didn't he sign our DNA

by scotoma 153 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

All the gods who have ever owned the hearts and enslaved the minds of billions have asked for that which they do not need

Neither Christ nor his Father enslave anyone's mind, or ask for anything that is not of benefit to US... in regard to our loving and showing mercy to one another. But I do hear you that many 'gods' (and men) have done as you describe.

revealed nothing beyond the science of the day

Christ and his Father have... but unless science corroborates it, you and others like you will not buy it. For some/many... science has to say it FIRST, or it is not 'real'.

, made their most important message identical to the stories of children,

Well, some children's stories have the most important messages. Messages we seem to forget as adults. (do as I say, not as i do... sort of thing)

chosen an elect voice hearing, vision seeing, faith feeling elite to lead

Well, you can't really speak to someone who will not hear or see or exercise faith in you, can you? As to leading... there is no one who leads, other than Christ... if only people would listen to HIM.

and have faded with the culture that created them.

Might say something about those 'gods' then, though I do not disagree that many 'gods' have been created by man, in man's image.

History , in this regard, teaches nothing to the dupes who fall for it time and again.

History teaches nothing to a lot of people who refuse to look at the patterns found within it. Because each generation (generally speaking) tends to think that it is different and somehow better/smarter/etc than the ones that came before. You'd think we'd have learned the folly in THAT, at least ;)

A real god who was interested in humans would act differently to all human imagined gods

You would thinks so... though I imagine it depends upon what a human imagined up.

, it would - as all rational beings do - teach the futility and danger of faith.

Funny how you can claim to know something like this. Would that not be you making god up in your image?

(Besides, you do not have the same definition of faith as has been given to us by Christ and God. Faith is based on evidence; it is not blind)

No all powerful god wishing to communicate with another race would send fragmented babblings in dreams and telepathic Chinese whispers allowing that message to be further sophisticated by the prophets and mystics who play power games with everyone else. A real god's existence would not be in doubt and certainly wouldn't need to be proven or testified of on Internet forums or street corner soap boxes.

A read God's existence is not in doubt... except by some people who doubt. What people think about something in no way alters the reality/truth of something.

Peace,

tammy

• Pterist
    Pterist

DNA functions like a software program. We know from experience that software comes from programmers.

• bohm
    bohm

Pterist: ...and we also know genetic algorihms, which function by the principles of evolution, can produce software...

Now we also know from experience genetic algorithms result in software that look a certain way, and software produced by programmers in another way. Guess which description best match dna.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Well, you can't really speak to someone who will not hear or see or exercise faith in you, can you?

Tec - do you seriously own this?

When I talk of enslavement I of course mean of the mind. Since there are no biblical gods of course. I have yet to see a believer who is not enslaved by their faith, my former self included. Faith, by it's nature demands primacy over logic, facts, reason, doubt or reality. Everything , up to and including human life, is demanded by faith, the belief in a magic world just out of sight and reach of the real world. Believing scientists are hamstrung by the need to present information that upholds their faith and to try to downplay other information that is not. Apologists are forced to trawl documentation looking for scraps that prove a point while often deviously ignoring context and other plainer readings. Above all these brief examples however, one rises most forceably to the surface, pride. Faith gives the believer unearned surety, untested certainty, unlearned knowledge and with these faux perceptions they seek to entrance and captivate all who will listen to their web of myths and magic. Credulous people will follow preachers and will give them honour. Slavery is the drumbeat of faith.

A real god wouldn't play these games.

• Ding
    Ding

If the complexity of DNA doesn't convince, I doubt that a signature would either.

• bohm
    bohm

Ding: why?

i mean seriously, is that just something you say for fun, or do you actually think it counts as an argument?

• tec
    tec

Yes, Q, I do own that. Please keep in mind the context of your comment that i was responding to (that god chooses an 'elite' group). He does not choose those who are not willing, and do not want to serve Him and those who belong to Him.

I lost my original post (I wonder if I posted somewhere else, lol).

But as I have said before, my God is not as you describe your former god. My God is the Father of Christ; shown BY Christ.

I am not enslaved. I am free. I am not required to give up reason or reality. I do not trawl documentation looking for scraps to prove some point... I ask, and listen, in Spirit (sonot a world out of reach after all) I also a) follow no one other than Christ, and b) have no followers.

Knowing something has nothing to do with pride. It might seem that way to someone who does not know... but should someone lie about what they know to soothe the ego of one who does not know? Curious to hear more of your thoughts on this 'pride' issue regarding faith.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - Same old tired canards about everybody who doesn't share your delusions are just pretending not to believe and they are just angry with your invisible sky-daddy blah blah blah.

FFS get some new material.

Tammy - Same old nonsense about everybody who doesn't hear the voices just needs to really really really believe. Again - get some new material.

Ding- The argument from design was smashed out the ball park 150 years ago. It used to be eyes and wings, now its DNA and bacterial flagellum - or is it flagella?

Far from suggesting a designer it is the study of DNA that proves beyond all reasonable doubt that we evolved.

• cofty
    cofty
    I am not required to give up reason or reality. - Tammy

You mean you did that voluntarily?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I just love the way everyone KNOWS what god wants...how he chooses (or doesn't choose), whether he wants to be worshiped...or not. Whether he is involved in our day to day lives....or not. Everyone says something different...but they all KNOW.

Its actually quite funny to watch the mind games of believers, who attribute what they would LIKE to be true, to a god.

In a few years...they will have a new revised understanding of what god wants and doesn't want...as their beliefs change and morph into new beliefs...and it will all be TRUE...LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit