If there is a God why didn't he sign our DNA

by scotoma 153 Replies latest jw friends

• Sulla
    Sulla

I hope believers don't dismiss this as a frivolous question. It would have been so easy for god to write anything in our DNA.

Yes, or on the moon. How easy would it be to arrange for a sequence of meteor strikes in a pattern on the moon? Very, I'd think. He could even wait until after Easter and write, "He is Risen!" or something.

Or, hell, he could have turned stones into bread. Why not?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I know this is an exercise in futility ... but ... It's perfectly possible to discuss the idea of God and how one might react to such a concept if it were real. Dragons don't exist, but I can imagine being frightened in an theoretical encounter with one. Sigh.

Who said one couldn't discuss the idea of God, dear 'Keet (peace to you!)? My comments were as to those who are angry... with a God they say doesn't exist. Doesn't make sense to ME, but, well...

As for dragons, they do exist... only not as you and most of mankind believe they appear. They are not beasts... but men (celestial not terrestrial). And I was quite frightened the one time I saw a particular one (my Lord) up close and personal. VERY. And actually, not theoretically. Battld with myself over staying and trusting his voice... or running for my life. I stayed, but admittedly was terrified, at first. You will be, too, when your time to see him comes. It will... and you will. I can promise you both.

As for the rest of the comments... right back atcha - nothing new from you, either. Same ol', same ol'. But wait, there is this difference: I do find it interesting that anyone who claims to not believe in God would opine as to what a "real" god would... or would not... do. Particularly while commenting that others make up their gods. No one who has never met... or otherwise come to know... a real god... perhaps even the True God... would have a clue one way or the other as to what a real god OR the True God would... or would not... do.

As for the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAHVEH, He doesn't follow our dictates as to what He should... or should not... do. Even so, it isn't difficult at ALL to know, as to Him, what He would... and would not... do. Look at the One who came to SHOW us HIM... and what He would... and would not... do. Of course, there IS the difficult way: continue to speculate, opine, debate, "discuss", deny, even argue. Your dime.

A doulos of Christ,

SA,

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Oddly enough he does dance to your tune though AG. All gods always have a knack of rising to meet the needs of their spokespeople but no more, speak with the intellect of their prophets but no greater and reveal knowledge somehow limited by the imagination of the mystic. These gods speak as grandiosely as the personal egos of the mediums dare and all fall utterly silent once the 'servant' passes on. No one will talk of your dragons and leprous Christs when you leave and your particular brand of divinity oddly stops existing at the moment you do. Thus it has been with every god no matter how many temples, pyramids or slaves groaned under the whip to build monuments to them there were. Your god would not be recognised by any Christian group save the one you gather now and mercifully none of them are yet seeing dragons.

Tec - this is the pride I talk about. Faith allows a person to demand an absolute stonewall. My way or the highway. Any doubt or admission of making a faith mistake is a disaster to the ego that supports the delusion. Admitting a theological failing is the thread that unravels the whole so it cannot be allowed. Just as a flaw in a mathematical theory will break it so does any failure in a reported divine world. This is where pride comes in and one reason why these conversations are tense, no ground can be admitted by the faithful. In the battle if ideas the faith position, found devoid of material evidence, will twist and turn avoiding fatal blows with, 'that's not my god' or 'you just don't understand' and will retreat with the never fulfilled threat that one day the non faithful will 'see' to their fear and trembling. Mormons do it, JWs do it and all brands of Abrahamic religions do it. The battle was unwinable the moment some human imagined a magical being in the heavens and worshipped fire or a tree and yet the hordes of the faithful are still arguing for ghosts and ghouls but this time it's winged gargoyles and blood sacrificing super humans, the sophistication grows but the underlying reality is the same.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Dispensing misinformation, specifically that people on this forum are angry with a god they don't believe in, is extremely dishonest since you have been corrected many times.

• prologos
    prologos

May we just gave the wrong letters to the code.

• prologos
    prologos

Entirely possible: just to make time to see a sign in DNA: you asked: "what is Time indefinite?"

There was NOTHING befor the beginning of space, matter, energy, right?

How long was there nothing?

Was that nothing a vaccuum? as we understand it, seething with virtual particles ?

That seething requires time, even squared?

Can you think of space becoming entertwined with the pre-existing, indefinite time at the beginning of the material cosmos? why not?

Could you think of space and its content moving through, expanding through time? why not?

No god talked to the snake or the naked couple in that fiction garden near the 10 000 year old turkey temple, but there is a message somewhere surely and

our understanding of Time and space and matter/Energy gravity is getting better and better if we dont freeze our conclusions about them.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Oddly enough he does dance to your tune though AG.

I have no tune, dear Q (peace to you!). I didn't say to the MOST Holy One of Israel "You must be like this." I didn't even know Him. HOW He is was revealed to me by His Son and Chosen One, my Lord, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHU (MischaJah). I was actually under the same impression as most of you: that He was exacting, vindictive, demanding, even a bit narcisstic. I was wrong. WAY wrong.

All gods always have a knack of rising to meet the needs of their spokespeople but no more, speak with the intellect of their prophets but no greater and reveal knowledge somehow limited by the imagination of the mystic.

And my needs are? And how do you mean "the intellect of their prophets but no greater"? I have stated that I don't know the things that I received. My intellect isn't even in the running of what my Lord shares with me. Yet, it's some pretty intellectual things, as least when compared to some others who profess to be "anointed" and led by holy spirit. As for the knowledge shared with me being limited by MY imagination... I am flattered, truly, if you think MY imagination can come up with what I receive. I'm a black lady living in Oakland Cali, luv. We don't have dragons here... nor do I have much interest in them (i.e., not as, say, dear Zid - peace! - does). I wouldn't have dreamed that up in a million years. I only shared what I saw... and what I was told I saw was/is.

These gods speak as grandiosely as the personal egos of the mediums dare and all fall utterly silent once the 'servant' passes on.

Those who speak through mediums, perhaps. The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAHVEH, has been speaking since the beginning of creation. To all of mankind, not just one or some. The thing is that while He SPEAKS to all... not all LISTEN... and so not all HEAR.

No one will talk of your dragons and leprous Christs when you leave and your particular brand of divinity oddly stops existing at the moment you do.

That could be. But that isn't a reason for me to deny the truth now, is it? In a few years they won't be talking about a number of things. Doesn't stop folks from discussing them at a given time, though, does it? Not sure why you won't/can't accept this but I have stated many, many... many times that I am sharing what I do for me and MY household. Whether others hear... or refrain. I am sharing because I WANT to. You don't want it? Pass it by, luv. Really. Just let it go. If you CAN'T do that... that's on you, not me.

Thus it has been with every god no matter how many temples, pyramids or slaves groaned under the whip to build monuments to them there were.

My God is the God of Noah... and so predates most of the gods you know of, including those of ancient Sumeria. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David... Socrates... Christ... and many, many... many more. Same One. No difference. You were just lied to as to what His name is. I am not lying to you... but I am in NO way saying you MUST believe me. Do... or don't. You have a choice, truly. Everyone has a choice. Always have.

Your god would not be recognised by any Christian group

And that's meant to concern me? Dear, dear Q... given the track record of most of such groups... I consider that a true compliment. Thank you! Truly!

save the one you gather now

What group, Q? What gathering?? We were all fine here and YOU folks told us to go somewhere else. Many times. So... some of us did. And now you all complain about that. Not only complain, but can't seem to stay away yourselves. The only followers I have are some usual suspects who MUST read my posts/threads... and comment. MUST. Those you seem to be speaking of don't. Sometimes they do... sometimes they don't. But some of you usual suspects ALWAYS... MUST. So, I think it's really hypocritical that you weep and gnash your teeth over other folks... while you do the SAME thing.

And please keep in mind, some of you have even come over and joined us. What does that make YOU, then? Sure, the claim is that "Well, we just want to see what you're up to", etc. Really? I am up to the same thing I have been up to for close to 20 years now: sharing the truth. Those who share in that with me do so because they wish to. Those of you who seem unable to stop following me... on this site as well as to the other... are doing so... why? I have nothing to hide... well, didn't (sorry, I can't lie to you - I can't share everything with many of you any longer...).

and mercifully none of them are yet seeing dragons.

I would agree and disagree: agree... because it's not an easy feat. Some have fainted, others have literally soiled themselves at the site. So, it could be merciful that they haven't yet... if they cannot yet handle it, yes. I have to disagree, though, on the grounds that it really is a wondros sight... and everyone will see them sooner or later, so being prepared might be a good thing. And... if it's the Christ... how can that be a bad thing, on ANY level?

I understand that I stick in your craw, Q, I do. You, though, really need to take some time, and try to figure out why that is. Because I don't think you're being truthful with yourself about this. Really. I think there's (much) more here than meets your eye.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There was NOTHING befor the beginning of space, matter, energy, right?

That's a great question. Science is investigating. I suggest reading "Something from Nothing" by Lawrence Krauss.

Can you think of space becoming entertwined with the pre-existing, indefinite time at the beginning of the material cosmos? why not?

Huh? WTF is "indefinite time"?

Could you think of space and its content moving through, expanding through time? why not?

Space doesn't move through time. Space and time are intertwined. Your question idoesn't make sense.

No god talked to the snake or the naked couple in that fiction garden near the 10 000 year old turkey temple, but there is a message somewhere surely and our understanding of Time and space and matter/Energy gravity is getting better and better if we dont freeze our conclusions about them.

You are predicting the outcome based on personal feelings. Why don't you simply go where verifiable facts, math and observation leads you?

On another point, why do some people here continually (mistakenly, also) display the hubris to proclaim what others think and feel? After getting it wrong for the thousandth time it would seem they would learn but that KFC it up and double down on the mistakes. Curious behavior, indeed, almost as if ego and proclaiming being right (without the actuality of it) is more important being honest and having a debate. I do sometimes stare in amazement at the mind that absolutely will not on any point ever admit to being wrong, even when obviously and laughably so.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AG if it helps your understanding replace the name Joseph Smith in my above comments.

Returning to the OP I think we could reasonably suspect that any advanced being who could have influenced mankind , Im thinking alien rather than god, could have left a calling card to he discovered when we reached a certain level of technological advance. DNA would be the perfect place to do it as well.

• yadda yadda 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit