What are the 3 most unusual things you have done?

by Lady Lee 72 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Riding an elephant is actually on my list of things I still want to accomplish.

I did ride a camel.

No photo but I stood on the roof of Willis Tower (back when it was still Sears Tower) which is the tallest building in the USA.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The camel thing is not really on my list, so my #1 iscthe Willis Tower thing.

2. While a few people were aware of it, I actually never admitted it to friends or associates because they would not believe me, but when I was 18, I had sex (on several different days) with a lady who appeared naked in Playboy. Not a centerfold, but a "Girls of..." thing.

3. Maintained my rarer status as "inactive" JW, yet met dozens of ex-JW's from JWN.

• Think About It
    Think About It

1. I had a monkey bite the piss out of my arm, then shit on it.

2. I found the big toe of a statue at the Forum, and smuggled it home.

3. I won 2nd place singing in a karaoke contest, while getting groped by a drunk Meg Ryan look-a-like from the crowd.

• JeffT
    JeffT

2. While a few people were aware of it, I actually never admitted it to friends or associates because they would not believe me, but when I was 18, I had sex (on several different days) with a lady who appeared naked in Playboy. Not a centerfold, but a "Girls of..." thing.

So how did the relationship go? I dated a stripper for awhile in college. Not all its cracked up to be, in my opinion. And just in case anybody asks, this happened a couple of years before I met my wife.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

JeffT>>>>>What a wonderful family you have! Your parents are an outstanding example of human beings having a happy, fulfilling and extremely successful life. And it had nothing to do with religion. Can you imagine what a loss it would have been to mankind, if your parents had wasted their lives slaving for The Watch Tower Society, instead of your dad's chosen field, in research? I am so happy for you, and that you and your wife left the WTB&TS years ago. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Just Lois

• Fernando
    Fernando

1. I spent around 3,500 hours assembling the fragments of the "unabridged gospel" or "full Good News" from the Watchtower library.
    2. I made a one-page summary.
    3. I shared this with my family and we all chose to follow Jesus instead of the Watchtower cult or any other religion, group or person/s.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thanks Lois.

My Dad's comment on religion when I became a dub (in a private conversation) "When I was a kid there were three churches in town." (he grew up in a tiny place in Texas). "Baptist, Methodist and Presbetyrian. When I was about sixteen I tried going to each of them for a few weeks, then I decided they were all full of shit and gave up." The cumulative number of bone marrow transplants is expected to pass a million this year. That's a lot of people.

• tiki
    tiki

you guys have done some pretty awesome things!

• label licker
    label licker

Went parasailing, hot air ballooning, sharkfishing and smoked a bag of weed in Mexico (long time ago). Bungie jumped in Ontario. Helicopter ride. Horseback riding in the mountains of Mexico. Got drunk and had a personal tour in Elizabeth Taylors home in Mexico. Got drunk and went catching crabs on the beach of Mexico, that was the only way you could catch the little critters for they zig zag when running after them and we zigged zagged too!

• poppers
    poppers

Participated in a night time helicopter rescue exercise while in the Marines -

Threw a rock at Marine One helicopter as it carried President Nixon over me at Camp Pendleton - (then I noticed a spotter team on a distant hill and was scared they'd catch me; they didn't)

Was named Marine of the Month - LOL!

Rode a bicycle 115 miles in one day - oops, that's 4 things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit