What are the 3 most unusual things you have done?

by Lady Lee 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

1. travelled to a country in war

2. spent a 3 week vacation with 2 friends sleeping in the car the whole 3 weeks, washing ourselves in rivers, lakes or at the mc Donald's disabled restroom ;)

3. moved to a foreign country for 4 years just to see how life there is

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Visited the stud farm of the famous dancing Lipizzana's in Slovenia. Had a tour of the stables and watched a beautiful dressage display. The foals are born grey or black and turn white after three or four years.

Took a cable car in the Swiss Alps and had a meal in the revolving restaurant at the top of the Schilthorn. It featured in the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Attended a Festa with some local people in Tuscany. We thought it was a religious festival but it turned out to be organised by the Italian Communist party! Wonderful food, music and dancing in the open air until the stars came out.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow amazing what some have been able to experience Those images are great

• Giordano
    Giordano

I reasoned my way out of the 'truth' in the 1960's by applying what I learned from three specific books: Eric Hoffer's The True Beliver, which discussed the ways religons and movements manipulate their followers. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which succiently demonstrated that god is either uninterested in, or powerless to do anything about human suffering. And Michener's The Source.

I made my living as an artist for 35 years and my work has been collected by musems.

I was invited to join a historic preservation foundation 6 years ago. When my 3 year term ended I was invited to serve for a final 3 year term and asked to be their vice president. What's unusual is that I was a C average High School graduate, skipped college to pioneer where the need was great. The 12 other board members have advanced degrees or PhD's.....go figure.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The most unusual things we've done? Hmm, not always out greastest achievements, like the three days I spent on amphetamine.

Can't we have the three most interesting things you've done, which would inlude my whistle stop tour of America and other interesting trips, not of the chemical type.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Lady Lee I envy you! Flying a plane is still on my "bucket list"...

I attended a conference given by Bill Clinton.

From Toronto I crossed Canada and the US on my motorcycle - 11,000 km.

I played a hockey game at the Bell Centre in Montreal wearing the Habs red uniform.

• scary21
    scary21

1 Went to a nude beach in Maui

2 Traveled to Guadalajara Mexico to visit a ....... farm

3 Sailed at night, in a storm, on mushrooms. But also crewed on a sail boat race. (without mushrooms)

I love love love sailing !

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

1. Met model Cindy Crawford at a Chinese restaurant in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Not that exciting but at the time I was a teenager and had her pictures all over my room so it was pretty exciting to me. ;)

2. Went to Alaska and went deep sea fishing. I caught a halibut that when held up was taller than me, granted I am only 5'4", but it was still a pretty huge fish!

3. I have a parking fairy. Now this might sound silly but I read the book The Secret and it said to envision something you wanted to attract into your life. The example they gave was always finding a good parking spot, since I was thinking the book was kinda goofy I just went with their example. I envisioned always finding the best parking spot. And it started happening. I read this book about 8yrs ago and to this day, 90% of the time I find a parking within the first three spots in the parking lot. It doesn't matter where I am or what time of year it is. I tell my kids I have a parking fairy and they think I am silly but I don't care because I never have to worry about finding a good parking spot. ;)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I joined a cult.

• Sulla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit