my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• magotan
    magotan

im on my phone, so im really limited. i came out to my family about my doubts and my sexuality. Shit hit the fan. im in an econolodge for the night. today, about 10 friends said their goodbyes. two of my four brothers told me never to contact them again.

I feel powerful yet immensely sad.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh my! Wow, talk about a day to remember.

I'm glad you are safe. Do you have a support group? Someone you can call? Do you have plans for a place to stay?

What a rough day, but... CONGRATULATIONS.

Be strong.

Love,
    Baba.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Magotan>>>>>I am so sorry. Keep strong! Keep us posted.

Just Lois

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow. You could see this as the start of your life as YOUR life. Good thoughts to you.

S

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wow. At least you have faced your worst fears, from here it should be easier. Not saying it will be a walk in the park, but it sure is a nicer path one walks when one is true to themself.

please stay in touch with the board for encouragement and support. You will be able to start again and find true friends and create a family out of those who actually do not care about such insignificant things as ones sexuality and beliefs.

stay strong

Oz

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry that you JW family and friends cannot see you for who you are - a good person. At least you do not have to lie anymore. You are free to be you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robber

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Magotan you are about a year older than my daughter according to one of your earlier posts. You are so brave. My daughter has a friend who is not going to tell his parents that he's gay until he is away at university. My heart bleeds for you that your family and friends have reacted like this. You said on the other post that you have a good job, that's great. Have you found somewhere to live?

Stay in touch with this board as others have said. We wont desert you. Hang in there.

• erbie
    erbie

At least they have proved to you that it clearly is a cult. Otherwise, why would they abandon you?

I actually find it quite hard to understand why they would.

Time will heal all.

Love and peace.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow... Congrats, but... Shitty deal bud.

You have no reason to be ashamed! And please try to remember to not take it too personally. You were born gay, in a JW family. Your family is just treating you this way out of their own ignorance. They choose to be ignorant.

This is a fresh start! You can now live your life, WT free. Religion free, if you so choose. When the time comes for you to have a family of your own, you can make sure they aren't so ignorant and intolerant. And for that, I congratulate you.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Wow, Megotan...

That's rough, but good for you. That took a lot of courage. I just sent you a PM yesterday but much of it may be obsolete now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit