my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• jws
    jws

I haven't read this whole thread, so if I'm repeating thoughts covered, sorry.

First off, that was very brave. It's going to be so great to be open and honest about yourself from here on. It sucks having to cover up all the time. Make up stories and then have people also guessing and rumors going around. Kind of like when I faded and had to pretend I was still faithful to JW rules & restrictions. You had the bravery I didn't to tell your family the truth. And unfortunately at the cost of family that I didn't pay.

I wish you the best in this. Not sure where you live, but if you are near any large city, there will probably be gay support groups and a gay community sypathetic to what you're going through. The family shunning thing isn't uniquely JW. And if you're part of a gay community of friends, you will find others that can tell you the same thing. Especially if you live in the more religious, close-minded parts of the country.

On the postive side, being openly gay in today's non-JW world is going to be easier for you than many who came out in the past. Attitudes are changing.

I know all of this doesn't help with your family. Some of the gay people I know have had to turn their backs on family and move on to happier lives.

• finally awake
    finally awake

get a post office box for mail, put in a change of address order, and change your cell number. They don't deserve to be able to reach you.

• irondork
    irondork

Magotan: I guess a JC has been formed.

Tell them they can hold their star chamber proceeding without you.

... and then hang up.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Magotan - I just want to add to the cascade of support you are receiving here. Big hugs. I hope you find a good living situation soon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure the elders can have a nice JC for the father. After all, this happened on his watch, and he's the only one who cares if he's in or out.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Call me if you need to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Check in when you can, magotan. I'd like to know that you have a place to stay.

• SadElder
    SadElder

We've been wondering if you are OK. Thanks to jgnat for bringing this back to the fore.

Jump in from time to time as you are able and let us know how you are. PM us as too if you want.

the best to you amid your struggles

• tec
    tec

That was a very brave thing that you did!

(That article sounds very manipulative... of course you found it insulting)

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• finally awake
    finally awake

Hoping you are OK :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit