my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you so much for checking in. This old mama always rests better knowing you are doing OK.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for letting us know you're okay. Good luck with college. Are their resources available to get professional counselling? Take advantage of all options for financial aid and don't be afraid to tell your story.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Welcome Magotan:

Glad to hear your doing okay. Each day that goes by your getting closer to being really free from the clutches of the WTBTS. Sorry to hear about your mom ignoring you. Please don't take it personal she's just doing what she's told by them. No matter how bad it gets please don't think of committing suicide because you are worth so much to all of us on this forum,we need you and you need us. Please stay in contact with us so we know that your okay please. My husband and I send our love your way . Take care of yourself.

Adventurousone

• magotan
    magotan

Hi everybody! I still exist, and I'm still in college! Parental relationship is pretty much nil, and basically all of my relatives and old friends blocked me on social media despite me never having reached out to them.

my Brother now has two kids, neither of which I've met, and another brother married one of my old friends. I wasn't told about or invited to the wedding.

My mother had gastric bypass, yet again, no one told me anything, and overall they pretend that I don't exist.

I hope everyone is well! I'm approaching my three year anniversary of leaving the witnesses!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your story Magotan tells of how benevolently cruel this religion is in how it does beak apart families.

A good heads up warning for the general public to see .

Sorry for your troubles .

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Glad to hear your well Magotan. I just read your story and while I'm happy for you that you got out, it's too bad about you family.

I often wonder if there is going to be a mass realization that this cult is so full of shit and how these people will feel when they recall how they treated their fellow family and friends. Shame that they would put an organization ahead of blood. 😡

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I'm glad you are doing good. Sorry that you have lost all your family and friends. But, you probably have gained some friends in college too. Wishing you all the best

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

It's a general fallacy that family can be trusted and relied upon. Family are capable of burning you down just as fast and easily as a malicious stranger and so are "friends". I may sound callous and pessimistic, but the sad truth is the only person in life you should rely on is yourself. At least if you mess up you only have to account for your actions in front of a mirror.

Good to see you're optimistic and doing well on your own two feet and leading the life you chose by true free will. Keep going and keep positive, you owe it to yourself and no one else.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Wow magotan you are a strong person. Your family should go to hell.
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    overall they pretend that I don't exist.-magotan

Sorry about this, it's really sad. It makes me so angry. I feel deeply for you xx

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit