my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hang in there buddy! Don't let negativity overpower you. You have a full happy life ahead of you. BEST wishes. Be safe.

Love,

coma

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Magotan, It took a lot of strength and courage to do what you did.

How your friends and family reacted is how all JW react. It's not you, IT IS THEM! When I told my family my doubts and my husband told his family his doubts, it was the same reaction. It doesn't matter if you were gay or not, it would be the same reaction!

was curious if you were serious or if you were hacked? Stupid question! When you are hacked this isn't something they do most of the time.

And quite honestly I don't think you're gay man. You might think you are because you may be attracted to guys but one of the Awakes helped us to appreciate that that's all linked to hormonal changes within our bodies that makes us feel that way. This happens in our age range and some witnesses think they're gay because of it but that's not always the case. Hormonal changes? One of the Awakes helps us to appreciate these feelings are linked to hormonal changes??? What a load of crap! Sure you might have brief periods where you feel attracted to someone of the same sex, but you would know if you are gay or not! WOW!!!!

But you are not gay, there is no such thing, you know that. WHAT? There is no such thing? I don't even know what to say about that! Some of my gay friends are "very" gay! No such thing. I guess this person has been so sheltered from the real world they believes the BS the WT feeds them.

It can only get better from here, I know it's going to be hard, but you need to make new friends and develop new relationship with non-jw people. I will be sending you a PM as soon as I post this.

Peace and love you to Magotan, you have a friend in me :)

G

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

You will only love yourself more for not denying your true self...and that is priceless~

• ParadiseCircus
    ParadiseCircus

Wow that took some balls. Wish I had your courage. Hope everything works out for the best...I know it will ;)

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Not your fault it is his choicesto step down. I chose my son over shunning but I always felt different about DFs than the average. My son at 20 married because he thought it might help his sexuality differences. My heart is with you. There are many exJW men who are gay its a tough road but it is survivable and you can live a awsome life. By the way my son has a gay relationship with another man (exMorman} for 16 years. We call his partner our son-in-law. You can still pray to god for help if you still believe. There are websites that may help. If you would like I can call my son thiw evening for suggestions how to start healing. He pioneered to the end aand had a deep love for God. My love I am sending I wish I could be y ur sub mom for a while. My son iswriting a novel about a gay JW. I believe he has a lot to say. Gma-tired 2

There are more gat Elders that are hiding than you realize but it is not healthy to have to your true self. Take one day at a time

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mago, the jokes on them, they think you will die and never enter paradise but they wont either since it is a Watchtower myth. Do not give in to the pressure. Be happy and love who you want. In life its the one's we love unconditionally who will be there for us on our journey. Everyone else posts on facebook.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good for you" to thine own self be true." You did your Father a favor,by him stepping down
    I bet in his heart he is glad to be rid of the responsability

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

as i was reading the facebook comments, i started highlighting parts of the first one that were insane, then i realized they get worse, and would end up quoting the entire post, LOL. i think its great that JW's comments about gay people are in an open public place like facebook so people can see how insane and ignorant they are. What I found most comical was not only the person that claims there is no such thing as being gay, but the person that told YOU, what YOU feel. LOL!!!

anyway, you did nothing wrong, you sadly are surrounded by cult members who are programed to try to destroy you if you show the slightest bit of stepping out of line. so to disagree with the religion and stand up for yourself and embrace who you are is the nuclear option to them. i know its easy for me to say, but fuck all of them.

• Emery
    Emery

Im so sorry, just know we are all here for ya.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hope that your future now gets brighter because you are being true to yourself now. That's worth it, even when the price is high (speaking as someone whose elderly JW parents won't have anything to do with him).

Your dad "stepped down" - was it voluntary? It's entirely possible he didn't want the responsibilities of being an elder any more.

Even if he was forced out - that's just a problem that the organization forces on itself because of its own stupid rules. I don't think that someone leaving the home and choosing his own life should affect his position in a publishing corporation like the Watchtower. But oh well, c'est la vie. That's their problem now.

You will hopefully be able to focus on making the most of your bright future ahead, as the past and yesterday's firestorm slowly recede into the rear-view mirror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit