my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Magotan- Wow!!! Good for you. I'm sorry about those fair-weather 'friends' who said Goodbye. They are conditional friends trained by the Watchtower cult and cannot think for themselves.

I do believe that the truth can set a person free.

Enjoy your new found freedom.

Live YOUR TRUE life!!!

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Stay strong. You have shown more courage than any of the people ostrisizing(sp) you. More than most of us on here. I haven't told anyone my true feelings.

Congrats

• clarity
    clarity

Magotan ...sending good vibes Mag!

>

Right now you've got the whole world before you.

>

Take it easy, and make your decisions with care for yourself.

All the best ....in your new freedom.

(you have no idea just how many men wish they were...you!)

clarity

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Magotan you are so VERY AWESOME!!! What a brave man!!! You have a great future ahead of you if you continue to live in the TRUTH you just created!!!

Very inspiring!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can tell from the few phone conversations I've had with you that you are an articulate, decent young man that most parents would be proud to call son. It will take a while, but all of those who have abandoned you will be replaced with people who will embrace you for who you are. Speaking of which, what are you doing for Easter dinner? Maybe you and akafreelife can swing by.

It's good to hear you've got a roommate situation set up already. When will you be moving in? Please, please call me if you need to. And check your private messages. I'm sending you a link to my Facebook page if you want to friend me. I can reccommend you as a friend to a few local ex-jws if you want.

You've just made the most important decison of your life by coming out to your jw family and friends about TTATT and being gay. Finally you have room in your life for educational and professional opportunities as well as people who will love and appreciate you for who you really are that you never would've had otherwise!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You should be very proud of yourself, you are very couragous! I am sending good vibes your way. So sorry you have to go thru this, but you will be stonger in the end. You must stay true to yourself in order to be really happy. Take care of yourself please. And please, see a therapist so you can talk about your feelings.

• cofty
    cofty

That took a lot of courage, well done.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I lost all my friends and family in one fell swoop too. I left w/ no $ and had to stay with a crazy person I barely knew. I just showed up unannounced and asked if I could live w/her. It was really hard and disconcerting.

In the long run you'll be better off.

In the short term it will be hard, but not impossible. (( ))

Your dad stepping down is NOT your fault. It is his choice--the culmination of many of HIS choices.
    gay, there is no such thing

Just when I think I've heard the most ignorant comments possible, there is a worse one.

For you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSv1TIa58M

• Pickler
    Pickler

Magotan, you are a star! Well done for starting the next stage of your life in real truth and honesty.

About the gay stuff? You know how crazy it is for someone to think it doesn't exist/can be changed right?

About human sexuality.......there are a million different variations, JW generally come from a very sheltered place when it comes to discussing sex. Years ago I realized that a lot of JW really don't know much about this topic, so file their sh*t away & forget it!

Good luck to you magotan!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man....I HATE that Alicia Keys song.

Sorry for what you are going through man. Regardless of how I personally feel about homosexuality or any of that crap, having to deal with guilt, shame, and being cast out from your family and friends is just an absolue mess. Nothing even kind of sort of Christian about any of that nonsense.

As sad as it is, and hard for you, moving past it quickly, and developing a succesful and fruitful life beyond your past is what you NOW can do, that you could not do BEFORE this moment.

Don't forget that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit