Memorial No Shows...Please Check in....

by ISP 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

Patriot, present for duty (the evil apostate duty that is...)

I guess I'm not wanted there either....4 years still not 1 phone call from anyone in the circuit.

Is that the way Jesus would act??Hmmm

• patio34
    patio34

Pat here at home, not at the memorial. I actually had a fantasy to go and be aloof and show disdain, but it flashed by in about 2 seconds. This is the 2nd year of absence for me. Two of my sons are getting together for a beer right now, so i guess they're not going either

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Not there. But I will be at the KH for the first time in 6 years on Sunday, for my grandmas wake...

• JAVA
    JAVA

It's been over 15 years since being in a KH. At this point it's embarrassing to think I gave a few of the Memorial talks to a congregation watching the wine and bread go by. Were we really that dumb?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Hey guys, is there some kind of silent competition that goes on with these invites? Who can get the most buddies to come along? Some kind of best persuasion tactic prize or something?

I know most will say, family members especially, are genuinely concerned whether or not they'll survive the big "A" but there must be some big proud smiles & introductions by any one who manages to bring in new blood. oooooohhhh aaaahhhh where'd he find that one?

does this go on?

• JAVA
    JAVA

Sorry you lost you grandmother, rolling rock. I'm also sorry you'll hear a Watchtower Info-mercial instead of honoring and remembering her life.

• think41self
    think41self

Well of course we didn't go...you didn't expect us to miss "Survivor" for that now did you?

Actually, I just realized...I didn't even rate a phone call from my Mom asking me if I was going. Guess my eternal salvation wasn't all that important to her after all.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ashitaka worked ashi-overtime tonite....I missed it!!!

what a shame:):):)

ashi

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

I couldn't really decide until the last moment, and here I am. It was kind of hard as this is my first year out. Last year I went at the last moment in jeans and tennies but this time I just couldn't quite get up enough desire to get dressed. Instead, I bought some wine and matzo and thought I'd have my own private celebration. Now I'm wondering what fib to tell everyone who asks if I made it. My phone and cell have been ringing off the hook.

Somehow my going to the memorial is their last lifeline to the idea that I'm not completely lost.

• Rags
    Rags

Okay..well i haven't been to a memorial in...lets see...21 years or more...oh ma Gaaaaawwdd!!!!! I feel so old!! But i still get asked for I.D. when i go to a bar and I am 36!! so that makes me feel better ...anyways..as i was sayin......
    I remember sitting there when i was a little girl..and sometimes i would just pick ma nose..ya know..i was bored...and my friend was beside me and we would pass little notes to each other and draw these men with big penises on them and stuff...and her mom caught us so she gave my friend such a big twist of a pinch..gulp..then we were passing the wine and crackers and i remember being so hungry that i asked my mom if i could have one and she said no..and i wanted one so much that i tried to sneak it off and then stopped when my mom gave me a dirty look....and there was one of the 144000 up on stage this time..it was in a school auditorium on Martingrove or Kipling i believe in Toronto....vague memory of that time.....hhmmm....makes me wanna sing...
    "meeeeeeemories...may be beautiful and yet...much tooo painful to rememberrrrrrrrrr of the way we werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeee"
    Yeah, so now i go to this Christian Church with my hubby...its cool...nobody bugs your arse and i love the talks...they are down to earth and you learn from them...anyways..they pass the crackers..or whatever it is..the host? i dunno..and you gotta eat it...and then they passed these little cups...and ya gotta drink it...i thought it was wine but its Welchs grape juice ..or at least it tastes like it. The first time i did that it came in handy cause i was hungry and thirsty and Pregnant!!! so that little bit just hit the spot!
    We are supposed to eat and drink the body of Christ right? not just pass it around...lol..rofl.....cause that would be like that surf thing they do at clubs during concerts where they pick up someone and pass them all around over their head...oh nevermind...
    okay...later everyone..it was nice talking to myself..here...
    Rags

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit