Memorial No Shows...Please Check in....

by ISP 110 Replies latest jw friends

• tdogg
    tdogg

I didnt even get my invite this year.......sniff...I guess they are really shunning me now...sniff...no hope for me etc..etc....the horror!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Will Power writes:

Hey guys, is there some kind of silent competition that goes on with these invites? Who can get the most buddies to come along? Some kind of best persuasion tactic prize or something?

heh heh heh
    I know for a fact that this is how Tupperware gets "interested people" to go to their sales rallies.

Maybe the WTS should offer a little cheese to go with their 'whine' about how you have to be REALLY REALLY SPECIAL to eat matzoh and drink Maneschweitz (Kosher) red wine.

Love, Scully

• umtiger
    umtiger

I wuzzzzz gonnnaaaa goooooo MOM........... NOT!!!
    the game was on,...
    I HAVE MY PRIORITIES!!!
    Jesus luvs me, at least thats what my sister said,.. she a CO in GA
    has the direct line to him...... she's got his cell phone #

All That Could Never Be Said
    All That Could Never Be Done
    Will Wait for Us At Last,
    Somewhere Behind The Sun

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I didn't go either, took the wife and daughter and dropped them off cam back and picked them up when the bullshit session was over. My my, but things change???? I dropped off family and there was this brother who had been directing traffic, he was smoking in the parking lot, followed behind my wife and took two more drags on his cigarette and then crushed it. They didn't start until 6:30 PM and here is this guy smoking I thought it was great!!! My wife was disappointed I didn't go but then I told her to show me in the bible where it said to comemorate his death specifically and I will go until then, I won't attend another of their stupid (that comment gets her going) meetings memorial or no. MY daughter told me dad this guy was sitting by me with his children and he was drinking the wine and eating the crackers, she said the elder who was watching him looked like he was really sick. I asked how old did he look and she said about my son's age which is 25 so guess he will be in for a good counseling session. One more year of hype i guess to remember to do this as often as ye think of it meaning eat of the bread and wine, really means to memorialize my death once a year, yeah sure it does. What bull. well my 2 cents.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Someone (sorry I forgot name) commented that a few would go around the hall to count attendees & get 3 different answers and go with whatever # the "senior" guy got. I'm curious, would DOs &/or POs appear to be doing a "good job" with higher #'s in their areas so that they could show a good profit? excuse me, I mean prophet?

• TR
    TR

Memorial? What. For who? Someone die?

Had to shave the cat and polish the dog, anyway.

TR

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Nope

• Preston
    Preston

Not only did I miss the memorial (for the first time EVER!) I celebrated someone's birthday with a bunch of lesbian friends of mine (true story). How sacrilegious (sic)!

• messenger
    messenger

higher attendance means you are doing well and often that number is given out as verification of the congregations health. Elders often compare to the attendance last year and like to show how things are on the increase. Of course when numbers are down nobody seems to want to talk about it. Often the numbers are padded to give the positive spin. This happens with regular meeting attendance also, the SEC has much leeway when he figures the numbers at the end of the month, you will never see a PO complaining about too high attendance figures.

• kheli
    kheli

Darn! I knew there was something I was forgetting to do tonight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit